LevelUP Jam (Free Year of Indie!) Officially Ended

Happy February all!

First and foremost I’d like to thank everyone who contributed in molding this little Game Jam into a reality, and I’m excited to have you apart of the final product. This Game Jam, for those unaware, is intended to “Level Up” one Flowlab user from a great creator with a basic membership, to a great creator with a premium and year-long one. Despite there only being one first prize recipient, I’d like to preemptively thank and congratulate each participant on and for their successful creation of unmistakable creativity.

The Rules are fairly general, and are as follows;
1.) Only original submissions made for this competition will be acceptable, no duplicates of prior projects or plagiarized content allowed.
2.) Only solo entries made by free users under those limitations will be considered, this means no dev-teams may be formed and no cooperation with premium users for their extra features. NOTE: Current indie holders may participate for sport, but are not eligible for prizes.
3.) Submissions are eligible from February the 1st, through February the 11th (02/01/22-02/11/22), this means that Saturday morning, central time, entries will be forfeit.
4.) Keep it respectful, keep it fun. No drama, petty behaviors, or general unprofessionalism will be tolerated during any point in the Jam’s process time.

I will be doing the Judging, however I’m still eager to locate other judges for a more fair total score, so please let me know if interested;
1.) Judging should be concluded with a verdict reached by February the 14th, but I apologize if this is received in post, as the number of participating members and judges will be largely apart of this timeframe.
2.) There is and will be no bias whatsoever made in this competition and comments suggesting otherwise to any judge will result in disqualification of the commenter’s project if applicable.

There will be 2 Prizes, one for first place and the other for the runner up.
1.) This will come as a shock to literally no one- but the first place prize is ONE FREE YEAR OF INDIE provided to the winner by all the folks (just me) at this competition’s staff.
2.) The runner up will awarded their choice of any article of merch from the Fantastic Flowlab “Drip” Site. (this will happen via pm’s for security.)
THE RUNNER UP OPTION IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT, CONSIDER THIS A ONE PRIZE AFFAIR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

I know some of you just scrolled this far down for the Topic/Prompt, so long as you understand and verbally agree to the rules then there will be no issue;

For this February’s LevelUP Jam, and for a chance to win a free year of Indie
Your game must utilize the following prompt to the fullest, using your own unique style and ideas:

"I’ve never seen anything like it, I don’t understand it, but I know it’s coming for me."

Freestyle this prompt in anyway you’d like- but keep the rules handy and in mind. I’ll leave the rest to you, I’ve seen what you can produce so I have no doubt that this competition will be a great one. I am sincerely grateful to be apart of this community, and I look forward to giving back to it this February!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and I anticipate your entries.
Take it real easy.

In The Flow Loop

@ManiacPumpkin @CodeAlpaca @cailem02 @chrisdakiller @00T_Free @DWGAMEMASTER @DeadlyGumChewer @JR01 @AbstractGallery @TheDukinator

Other Info of non-importance

Being from a completely different time zone, I apologize if this was posted prematurely for yours- but I would rather post this too early into the day then too late. Please do your part to bump if applicable and once you’ve confirmed your submission to be in development! Thanks!

10 Likes

Yoooooo!
This is a pretty good prompt. I already have so many different ideas for it.

3 Likes

Same, lol, although, I don’t yet have any idea how I would implement any of them, lol. This should be awesome though! @lonesable I do have a question though: What are the rules for art/sounds not created by us? Same as in the regular flowjam?

3 Likes

I love this prompt, sounds good!

3 Likes

ok so im free and that means i can enter which i will cuz why not im not gonna lose anything hehe anyways that prompt is like the theme right

4 Likes

Oh right- use original assets only, or creator approved ones. Obviously meaning you could have someone else make them for you as long as they agree and you give credit.

4 Likes

Sneak peak (I’ll be using this free account, DinoDev (my forum account), to participate.

Note that this is an unconfirmed product and changes will be made before final release, thank you.
Screenshot 2022-02-01 8.47.28 PM

4 Likes

I thought for jams you can’t use existing projects?

3 Likes

I just made this project, just now-

3 Likes

sorry thought I saw uncomplete XD my bad

3 Likes

a lil sneak peek of what im doing

6 Likes

You are so much farther than I am right now, lol. I just had to completely scrap my idea and start over on something completely different because I realized my original idea would be too difficult and complex to fully implement in the time frame I had :frowning: It’s ok, though, because I like this idea better than my original anyway!

7 Likes

I think I have an idea for my game, but I don’t have much work done on it. Hopefully I’ll find time to work on it later.

5 Likes

oops, didn’t realize it started yet

4 Likes

wait wait wait @00T_Free are you making a crossy road with cars cuz thats what it looks liks and my game uses cars too

5 Likes

all crossy roads have cars right?

4 Likes

yes but if were both doing a game idea with cars involved thats a problem so now i have to restart

2 Likes

but they could be very different from each other

2 Likes

well too late and besides it didnt really follow the prompt

2 Likes

Day 2 of this Jam, I apologize for being semi-distant.
I’m incredibly excited for these projects, both the ones that have been “leaked” and those shrouded in mystery! Keep up the terrific work!

7 Likes