Making A Pokemon Game

Hello everyone :). I have done some searching on Flowlab, and there are no good Pokemon games yet, so I have decided to work on a Pokemon game. I’m gonna be making my own Pokemon, not ones that already exist. Feel free to submit your own Pokemon ideas, areas in the game, stuff like that. For those who don’t really know too much about Pokemon, here is a definition of the game: The original Pokemon is a role-playing game based around building a small team of monsters to battle other monsters in a quest to become the best . Pokemon are divided into types, such as water and fire, each with different strengths. I am probably gonna need a lot of help with this game, and it is probably going to be a pain making this thing, but I’ve REALLY been wanting to do this for a while.

6 Likes

nice! will it be a classic style pokemon game, as in top down pixel art where you wander around and battle, or a different type of game?

3 Likes

Classic Pokemon style :slight_smile:

1 Like

epic
41f667f5725f55c2e9a0fdba3cfffe662743d487_2_345x193

2 Likes

This might take some effort, but I like the idea :>

3 Likes

Intriguing though

7 Likes

oh hey this is an idea I’ve been thinking about too! (I’m kinda too busy to ever get started on it though :frowning: ). Good luck in your development

3 Likes

Alright, I’ve begun work on the bushes you go through to find Pokemon, after that I’ll be working on the actual Pokemon and the battle system . Heres what the bush looks like :
Screenshot 2022-10-21 6.27.58 PM

Yeah, yeah I know dodges rotten tomato it looks terrible, but you can at least tell that its a bush.

3 Likes

Still working on these stupid bushes. I’m having a bit of trouble with the display order. Using ray casts and collisions haven’t worked so far. Does anybody have a solution? I’m trying to get it to where if the player is in front of it, it has the display order of 1, and when the player is behind or ‘inside’ of the bush, it has the display order of 2.

4 Likes

Just use the y value of everything for their display order

3 Likes

oh yeah(20 characters)

1 Like

I cant wait to see it!

3 Likes

Alright, I think the bushes are alright. Next on the list is Pokemon and the battle system…

Hmm… Pokemon ideas…

Wow, I’ve got nothing

I’ve resorted to using this cool AI to make the fakemon(fake pokemon) for me, because apparently a robot has more creativity than I do ._.

2 Likes

I know I got this!
The beetlslayer
This bug type pokemon has claws as teeths and can bite though enemy armor

2 Likes

Neat idea! (20 characters auuuuuuuuuugh)

1 Like

A penguin pokemon except unlike pinplup, its plump pip, its a chonky penguin

1 Like

You know what? just combine any two animals together while heavily leaning on one of their appearances and making their colors crazy and you got a fakemon

3 Likes

When I made my SCP inspired game series, I had to create so many different entities to even make a decent game.

If you’re making a custom Pokémon style game, it might take a while before you design many different concepts as animals for the game.

Although once you get a roll going, you can start kicking them out pretty quick. For what you’re looking for, I would think of existing animals and maybe altering them a bit to fit the game, giving them custom abilities and names.

2 Likes

Also do these Pokémon have evolutions? Or do they simply stay a single form and just level up their abilities. I would suggest a few ideas on custom Pokémon, but I don’t know if I need to think of evolutions or not.

2 Likes

Take two pokemon, mash them together, change their name + colors, Boom fakemon XD

3 Likes