Marigold - development updates

machine gun (WIP)

been trying to upload a .gif of it but the file is too big and i can’t figure out how to make it into a cloud link. any ideas?

6 Likes

Nice songs! Also Arrival is the name of a track from Halo 4 lol

1 Like

You could use a URL shortener and/or image resizer

Well i mean the only real thing you can do here is take each individual frame of the gif and upload it in the animation. I’ve done it. It’s painful.

1 Like

I’m talking about onto the forums, I recorded a .gif of using the machine gun and converted it to a gif, then compressed it. still can’t get it to upload to forums or discord :confused:

2 Likes

I need to play halo 4, man. I know it’s got issues but it looks like such a cool game.

2 Likes

Halo 3

1 Like

GORE OVERHAUL

gore in marigold has been sub-par compared to august silence and neon break for a while now. and instead of actually working on finishing the game, I decided to do something about that. this might be my favourite gore system yet!

what’s new?

• the sounds are now randomized, with 3 gore sounds overlapping with randomized volumes.

• doubled the possible gore sprites that explode out of enemies.

• decreased gravity so that effects hang in the air longer.

• blobs of blood and chunks of organs splatter on the ground and create scattered pools of blood (just like neon break!) this gets 2 birds stoned at once by also getting rid of the particles falling offscreen and disappearing which bothered me WAY too much before.

I couldn’t figure out how to get a good gif of the new gore onto the website so if you know how to do that it would be greatly appreciated. btw can a regular change the topic title to “Marigold- GORE OVERHAUL” thanks in advance.

the demo is taking longer than anticipated lol sorry

6 Likes

Hey sorry to bother you again but could you change the title to specifically “Marigold - gore overhaul” ?

@John_Shrekinson

3 Likes

Did you mean the topic title? I changed it, since I’m online for once :]

3 Likes

merry christmas time!

new stuff about the game will be posted soon :smiley:

7 Likes

introducing the loot gremlin!
pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)pixilart-drawing (83)
pixil-gif-drawing (12)

basically a walking slimy pinata, holding the ultimate prize: KEYS!

pixil-gif-drawing (13)

also, unique crosshairs for each weapon, and a new weapon!

I hope you enjoyed this update, and I look forward to hearing your feedback when the demo releases!

8 Likes

I love the Loot Gremlin so so much it’s not even funny. I need a plush of it right now :relieved:

6 Likes

Take my money

3 Likes

is that first gun made with sprite stacking or did you just shade it extremely well?

2 Likes

nope, no sprite stacking. which gun are you talking about?

3 Likes

I think he is talking about the shotgun, which you just made on the sprite editor using shading

2 Likes

I’ve been improving the look of the snowy areas. thoughts?

before: image

after:

6 Likes

oh ok. thanks @John_Shrekinson for complementing the shading :smiley:

4 Likes

I think it looks a lot more clearer and vibrant. It did look a little fogged up before, didn’t it? XD

4 Likes