Marigold - development updates

yeah, I had to tone down the fog a bit. btw, I updated the image to what it looks like now.

4 Likes

The visuals for this game are looking really great! The level of detail in the environments and UI are wonderful. This is gonna be a beautiful looking game when it’s finished.

4 Likes

Glow up successful

You’re welcome!

3 Likes

5 Likes

It’s great to finally see the perfect character in action.

4 Likes

I’m going to call him Jim. Not sure why, but he has a Jim sort of vibe to him.

But I’m not sure if I could bring myself to burst him open like a piñata :frowning:

5 Likes

panic #2 BeepBox Song Player

here’s a version sped up even more with electric guitar. tell me what you think :smiley:

edit: whoops thought I’d posted the original version already, guess not.

5 Likes

wait so you kill the gremlins for loot? I thought you could trade with them

2 Likes

yep, you kill the gremlins for loot. :grimacing:

maybe there will be one you can befriend later in the game though.

3 Likes

3 Likes

here’s the new menu screen!

6 Likes

new song! might use it for the sunset abyss, or flowjam (if it fits) BeepBox Song Player

5 Likes

By far the best menu screen I’ve seen on any game, even AAA games.

4 Likes

Ik, late reply, but man this is turning into a good game! Amazing work, awesome gameplay @HuckleBerry!

6 Likes

old machinegun (top) or new machine gun (bottom)?

• old
  • new

0 voters

I like some things about both and I’m not sure which one to use going forwards.

sorry for the lack of updates for so long, development has been slow for a while because of me not being able to pin down how I want the game to work. I’m more on track now though, but I won’t be able to give a demo release date quite yet.

4 Likes

The new one looks like fusion between a Tommy gun and a pistol and that’s really cool. The old one could be kept as an alternate weapon skin though, or even a secret extra version of the gun, like a prototype with different abilities while the new design takes over its main role as the game’s machine gun.

2 Likes

sniper pistol makeover!

before:
after:

6 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes