Marigold - development updates

7 Likes

new song - ā€œski lodgeā€

itā€™s not quite done cuz I canā€™t figure out whatā€™s missing from it. this will be in an early game area with a boss, not sure if I posted that already.

also can somebody change the title to just ā€œMarigold - development updatesā€ ? might as well have it something general until Iā€™m a regular again.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying out different colour palettes (Iā€™ve decided to use both AAP-Splendor128 and Apollo-32x) and using asprite to modify some of the art. I want to make sure the player and whale look good and build the rest of the visuals around that. Iā€™ve never been very happy with how the player looks, these are all 3 versions(last one is WIP):

Iā€™ve made a Milanote board for the game that looks like this:

7 Likes

ITā€™S ALIVEEEEE!!! also i like the 3rd the best

3 Likes

before:

after:

new dock sprites put together, probably adding more variation/wear to it later

7 Likes

Summer again, time to get back on track.
(these are all WIP)

8 Likes

Ooo, some cutscene work? Looks very dramatic:D

4 Likes

The second piece looks really good :+1:

4 Likes

thanks! This is gonna be the opening cutscene playing along with ā€œArrivalā€

5 Likes

new lodge is in the works

8 Likes

the frog kinda reminds me of frog from chrono trigger lol, nice drawings

4 Likes

8 Likes
6 Likes

Underrated dev log, game looks super cool

2 Likes

hey @HuckleBerry , two things,
one: can you have a option to turn off gore?
two: who is this grape like creature you play as?

That would be sick.

Iā€™m not too sure about the gore option, thereā€™s a lot of gory stuff that is a big part of the story and would wouldnā€™t make sense or look right otherwise.

The player is a stargazer, which is a powerful creature created through unethical means. the ā€œgrapeā€ is an orb of glass filled with a purple liquid in place of a head. other stuff about it gets pretty spoilery so I canā€™t really talk about it.

1 Like

idk, i like a lot of games, but there super gory to a point where i cant play

idk, maybe do something like what dead space did

what did dead space do? I canā€™t imagine that game working without gore when the main mechanic is dismemberment.