Maze Hunt! ("Expansion" Expansion Pack)

Also, this was not a thing, lol. It most certainly should have been a thing, but up until this point, if you wanted to “wait” a turn, you would have to move back and forth between multiple spaces, which was quite annoying to have to do.

1 Like

LETSS GOOOOOO

2 Likes

YAY!!! I’m so proud of you!

1 Like

Well then while you were making the update I stumbled upon it >:)

1 Like

Nice game with a good ending! I had fun playing.

2 Likes

I went hardcore mode because Gladys took Sarah

1 Like

AND IS THAT A LEGEND OF ZELDA REFERENCE!?
AND ANOTHER NINTENDO REFERENCE TO?

2 Likes

Hahaha, oops. Yeah, I sort of implemented it a few days ago (like, Thursday). I kinda just assumed that nobody would be playing it until I released the update, lol.

Also, I’m glad you liked the game @John_Shrekinson!

My thoughts exactly. Gladys will not leave this maze alive

whaaaaaaaaat?! Never. Nuh, uh. Not me. No way. (Yes, that is absolutely a reference, glad you got it, lol)

2 Likes

seen this screen every update Let’s Go!!! :partying_face: (even in the middle of updates!!! :grimacing:) beat it pretty quick cause of the number of times I’ve played it but still pretty fun and the ending was very nice much better than the last time I played when it just said yay I found you with a black screen
Screenshot 2022-03-29 9.19.31 PM

2 Likes

you look different

2 Likes

Changed PFP, bc why not

1 Like

definitely looks more like a deadly smile to me

3 Likes

Yeah, when I was making it in Piskel, I was like:
That’s terrifying.

Now back to being on-topic

3 Likes

Something big has arrived

2 Likes

Btw, I love what you’re doing with this game! I hope to review it when it’s finished!

3 Likes

Yay, I’m glad you like it! No idea when it will be “finished”, but I intend to expand the game far more in the near future. I have so many ideas. I’ve literally been writing new ideas down in notepad, and it appears to me that I have accrued over 20 unique features to add (and then I also have a separate notepad file for game ideas that I have, in which I have gathered 18 different game ideas). That being said, I’m still not opposed to feature requests, as I want to make a game that other people want to play, not just myself.

4 Likes

Ok, I am officially announcing the

“Expansion” Expansion Pack

(really clever, right?)
Ok, so this is kind of a very large update that really brings the game much closer to my original vision of it.
Additions:

• The rooms now get larger (expand) as you go through more floors
  • Added a new camera feature that scrolls as the character moves through the maze
  • Added an “Endless” high-score mode, so you can now play infinitely
  • High scores save between sessions
  • You can choose whether or not you want to play with the expanding maze when you choose “Endless” mode (because the bigger mazes could cause severe lag for slower computers, especially starting around floor 20, or so)
  • There are different high scores saved for the expanding endless mode and the regular endless mode
  • You can now press “M” to return to the menu from any part of the game.

So yeah, this one was kind of fun to make. I think the hardest part of the entire thing was just making it such that the walls would spawn around the maze no matter how big it got. But it was made much easier once CodeAlpaca helped me figure out how to code a box.

Pings

@DraftyScienceCoat75
@John_Shrekinson
I honestly have no idea who wants to be pinged anymore

6 Likes

My current highscore

4 Likes

Umm, slight bug, the enemy just walked through a wall and ran almost right into my face. My high score is now 10

3 Likes

Ahh, yes. I have noticed the enemy doing small little cheating things like that, and I do need to fix that. I’m not quite sure what’s causing it though. When you say it walked through the wall, did it just cut a corner, or did it genuinely go from one side of the middle of a wall to the other? (I’ve seen it do both.) And did you do anything particularly out of the ordinary before it happened?

3 Likes