Meet Flow-chan!

Maybe Flow-Chan made a game called, “In the zone” with this guy in it. Maybe he could be another Mascot in a way??

4 Likes

I love how this topic was created 2 days ago and people have already made fan art, a Minecraft skin and plans for merch. Truly incredible :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Are you going to make a game with flow-chan?

4 Likes

I think it would be cool if there was some sort of contest where you make a game and you have to include her in, maybe it could be a bonus theme or something.

6 Likes

nice,I was bored and i made this 47946c3589f4616f44c9427cf4a2ea0fd8898a0d_2_388x500 (1)

7 Likes

HeY ThAt iS VeRY nIce.

7 Likes

that’s a very suspicious username you have there

5 Likes

I had plans for a Wario Ware style game called FloWare that would feature minigames made by flowlab users, and Flow-chan would be the ideal mascot for that game, so ideally yes

7 Likes

NoO iTS NO It Is a niCE userNaME.

5 Likes

Hmm, actually, that sounds like an awesome idea! I’d love to be part of a megacollab game with other users.

5 Likes

Well I’ve been trying to get some of the big name flowlab users to convert some of their best games into 10 second mini-games, but I’m not having a lot of success getting people on board with a collab. I would also need grazer to add folders to flowlab so I can easily organize all the objects created by specific users for specific mini-games. Considering maybe 10 people would have 10 games of 10 objects, that’s already 1000 objects I would have to sort through. I’m honestly not sure if flowlab can even handle something like this.

7 Likes

I would be on board for a flowlab user collab.

5 Likes

I have a few games I could make into mini games, but if you’re only looking for the big names then I might not really stand a chance since a lot of them typically ignore me and it’s not like I made any award winning games except Flee, but it wasn’t the greatest game I could have made.

6 Likes

The good thing here is that Wario Ware was known for having minigames based on huge popular titles, but also loaded with random questionable quality games as well. In this sense, really anybody can submit a game, as long as it follows the submission rules.

1. Needs to have a timer
  2. Needs a win trigger and a lose trigger
  3. Can’t have too many objects, preferably under 10
  4. All the objects need to be spawned from a GUI object, they cannot just be placed on the map, because FloWare constantly spawns and destroys the entire mini-game instead of changing levels

I’d be able to make a separate forum topic for going over this further, and I can make some bundles so everyone can just use my code to build their games, and I’ll copy everything from your games into FloWare if your submission qualifies, but this is all under the assumption that enough people would be interested in a mega collab.

7 Likes

An easy way to organize objects is to name certain groups in parentheses at the beginning of it’s name so it automatically gets sorted in the library. I did it in Wilder’s Creation if you want to see.

Also, I would love to help with the Floware idea. I could make one based off of One Minute Miner.

9 Likes

To be fair, if there are thousands of objects, you’ll still have to do a lot of scrolling and renaming

7 Likes

If only I was a big name -_-

8 Likes

@Mhx_Air said anyone could join. Doesn’t matter how well known you are or what you’ve done before. Just has to meet his requirements.

7 Likes

@Ramshacklegamestudios has 21 letters, that’s one of the biggest names out here.

14 Likes

I already have an arcade initial prefix system in place that’s basically

Mhx Air
MHX-Player
MHX-Background
MHX-Enemy 1

JR 01
JR1-Player
JR1-Background
JR1-Enemy 1

PixelPizza
PZA-Player
PZA-Background
PZA-Enemy 1

BIT - BitWit
GZR - grazer
JNG - JNGthree / CBG - CrimsonBlackGames
LTF - Latif
FLC - Flow-chan
ETC - Extra objects

You’d choose 3 letters for your initials prefix like an arcade high score, but you’d still be scrolling 1000+ objects on over 100 pages

Without folders, my goal would have to be to enforce people to name their 10 objects similarly and recycle objects with bundles and globals, swapping logic and animations, instead of using whole new objects, but it might get messy

5 Likes