Meet Flow-chan!

Oh nice! Are the people listed helping or are they just examples?

4 Likes

Just examples, but who knows? The more people on board, the more motivated other users will be to join in.

4 Likes

Like I said, I’m on board if you’re willing to take me!

5 Likes

Well, it won’t be anytime soon, unless another advanced user wants to help me pilot the initial engine. I made working tests in the past, but flowlab has changed a lot over the years, so I need to rethink the engine and rebuild the concept to be as optimized as possible.

I’m unfortunately short on time after just moving to a new town right in the middle of flowjam, and I never really unpacked all the way or worked on the house much, so maybe in 2 or 3 weeks I’ll try to gather some help with creating a working optimized demo, and from there, I’ll make an official forum post inviting users to make their own games using my FloWare bundles. Until then, I suppose you all can work on some 10 object timer based mini-games while you wait for an announcement.

7 Likes

Yeah I know, I was just joking around. Thanks for the reply though

7 Likes

Just finished a rough draft server for anyone interested in helping with FloWare in the future. This way, I can manage a large number of flowlab users without digging through a mess of posts here in the forums. I’ll add rules and info after rebuilding an optimized FloWare engine, when we have bundles and a structure for users to follow. (I even added 3 layers of special lobbies and custom role colors for users that contribute a lot to the project!)

Preview of the channels:

7 Likes

I’d love to collab if I count as a big name

5 Likes

I just build robots, guns, and vehicles. Your Flow-Chan figure is awesome!

5 Likes

Why is she not ready yet what does she need to be ready

5 Likes

Fully completed art and rigged model, and an animated sprite sheet, since the main project featuring her is FloWare, and it hasn’t begun yet.

5 Likes

How do we get “chosen” to collab? Or is anyone allowed to?

4 Likes

Anyone is allowed to. Make sure you join the discord:

6 Likes

I’m in it

6 Likes

You son of a [FEMALE DOG], I’m in

5 Likes

Not anymore :sunglasses:

New username baby!

11 Likes

Otc: too immature
Anime girls: perfect mascot

3 Likes

That’s all I’m going to say on this. I’m so glad we’re all trying to make a family-friendly community. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Yes, the above quote is mine, and quoted correctly. I didn’t post my concerns about it in the general forum because like others, I was waiting to see to make sure the character wasn’t going in an inappropriate direction before passing final judgment.

I’m not anti-anime, I’m not taking sides, I’m not trying to be a prude or anything like that, but when something is borderline questionable in terms of “xualizing” an underage character, even if only fictionally and suggestively, that does make me a little uncomfortable.

5 Likes

Well for one, those comments are from another thread that I can’t even see, so yes this topic is family friendly. And Flow-chan is not a mascot, it’s a character to represent flowlab in a game project that Mhx was wanting to work on for a while to show different games created with Flowlab over the years.

6 Likes

Fun facts:

1. 18 is both high school and legally mature
  2. As the majority of users are students, a similar aged mascot makes sense
  3. Flow-chan is a inside joke gag character and not actually going to become the face of flowlab
  4. Her being grazer’s new vtuber model was also a joke
  5. She will be the mascot of floWare however and possibly other community projects, since flowlab needs an original humanoid player character that doesn’t resemble any of the users, a real existing person, or an already copyrighted character, for legal reasons
9 Likes