Meet Flow-chan!

Anyone can make jokes, but insults aren’t jokes, and sometimes people will misunderstand and take jokes the wrong way. That’s the cold reality of humor.

1 Like

No, @meburningslime was saying that users aren’t aloud to make jokes but mods are, and i’m a living, breathing example of why that’s wrong

1 Like

They kept flagging the posts with curse words in them. If there was a way of letting the user delete a post with harsh words in it, it probably wouldn’t have been flagged down so many times.
New users probably don’t keep up to date, so when they hop on, they start from the beginning of the argument and probably flag all of the already flagged posts since they can’t be deleted unless a mod does it.
So who ever is in charge of the idea of when a post gets flagged it permanently says there for everyone to view, then it would probably be their fault.

Joke topics is specifically what I’m talking about. No dedicated otc open, but some random prank is ok?

Because look at the comment that started the argument… We have already discussed and clarified many of the points and about your previous comment from that as well.

If this continues, I will temporarily lock the discussion or time out some users because this is a argument going far enough.

For clarity and should have ended this argument:

1. This is not offtopic, so its not related to the #general topics
  2. This is about a character in a game, not a mascot.
  3. This is about a character in a game, so age is a related topic that Mhx has already answered.
  4. Anything inappropriate actually needs to flagged and mentioned to Grazer or to a moderator.
  5. Previous mentions of other topics / situations is unrelated and are already answered.
    If you want a better clarity of the older topics, try messaging the Grazer/mod outside of the topic.
7 Likes

I see grazer commonly make jokes. Plenty of normal users can joke. There isn’t a rule against joking. I mean, there aren’t really any rules at all. It’s all just suggestions for being a decent human being if you want others to like you.

2 Likes

Who was insulting people as a joke? I never said anything of that.

1 Like

Who said what now?

1 Like

This prank was posted in the right category, as it was art I was showing off, and others posting fan art, in the ART category. Now that’s it’s a debate club, it’s off topic. I could lock it, but locking it won’t get everyone to understand and calm down. It’ll only make things worse if we don’t solve the problems at hand.

3 Likes

I’d you want me say his name, it’s haevoc. Or GrimWither, whatever username you prefer.
I didn’t want to call his name out, but he was the one that started picking fights with people and started cursing. No one had a choice in that action other than him. Which is why the posts got flagged. It had nothing to do with a joke or anything.

1 Like

OK, understood, but why are you saying that to me though?

1 Like

Look, you right. I was wrong, I’m sorry. I’m trying to accept my mistakes maturely. If this was meant to be serious, I believe my initial response was appropriate, but I admit I let my emotions take control some. Sorry. I can add some "but"s to try to defend my position, but at this point I only want resolve. (Don’t try ragging on me, I don’t want to fight anyone right now.)

2 Likes

As long as we all have come to an understanding that

1. Flow-chan is an 18yo gag character, not official
  2. No staff members locked the otc, and we tried our best to make a solution to make everyone happy

Then this discussion can end, unless there are further questions. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page, so we can go back to getting along

7 Likes

I have refused to take sides in whatever wars are going on because they seem to have stemmed from stuff that happened before I even found Flowlab, and I’m not here to make enemies. I defended the existence of off topic channels because I believe that people should be able to have casual, civil, non controversial conversations about non-Flowlab stuff. Like “I’m excited, I just got a new job!” or “we just got 5 feet of snow here” or “check out this cute pic of my dog” type stuff. I don’t see any harm in conversations like that.

When those harmless conversations start devolving into heated political debates and personal attacks, yeah, that needs to be stopped with a quickness.

RE: the Flow-chan character, I also initially thought it was a joke. But being an experienced internet user myself, the first thing I thought when I saw that sketch was “oh dear, that poor sprite is going to be portrayed in so many wrong ways…” :grimacing:

5 Likes

Alright, but still dont bring up old topics or to try to start an argument. I’ve already expressed how to solve sensitive topics, complaints and problems on the forum; DM Grazer. If anyone is unclear, read all my previous comments in this thread. If anyone has anything to say, DM me.

3 Likes