Meet Flow-chan!

We got removed from the public. That’s not an upgrade.

3 Likes

Overall, as long as the character is not “xualized” in any official Flowlab capacity, I have no issues with it. It just seemed like the kind of thing that might quickly go in that direction, even if it was never meant to go that way. I came here from a forum that was frequented by mostly people my age, and conversations would regularly include occasional foul language and discussions about alcohol consumption and whatnot… come here and find that a significant portion of the community aren’t even old enough to vote, let alone drink, I’ve had to reset my own filter to block at least half of the stuff I might have said otherwise.

I’m still too new here to know who is who, who are pranksters vs. who are being serious, what is appropriate vs. what isn’t… the cheerleader mascot just seemed like something that could quickly escalate into dangerous territory.

4 Likes

Stuff is starting to become more personal than it actually being on the topic of an anime mascot, lol. Or at least it is at this point.

3 Likes

I mean, I grew up on 4chan and forums since 2005 or so. I’ve seen a lot of stuff. Flowlab is about as tame as it gets, for an anarchy forum with relaxed moderation.

4 Likes

I second that @tgw, I probably was too rash with my decisions, and this tells my intended stance well.

4 Likes

Oh I know, I’ve seen some foul stuff on the internet. I would never ever share it here though.

2 Likes

Idk how a simple concern for a mascots future art style ended up in a war in which JR_01 has been typing for like ten minutes now, lol.

1 Like

Again, they were moved and not re-moved.

The problem was there were several off topic… topics that getting help or even finding Flowlab related topics was to go pass several of the top topics. But what really forced the change was threats and arguments, which is very unappealing to represent the site as a whole. The only reason this isn’t in the Lounge is that it’s related to a game and is also about Flowlab itself.

3 Likes

As an example of relaxed moderation, I allowed this discussion to pollute my topic, as I am someone that truly believes that mature open debate and discussion bears far more fruit, like understanding each other and coming to a better solution, than just locking, censoring, silencing, and banning. I don’t believe in banning outside of extremes. I believe in talking to people until all the issues are ironed out.

3 Likes

Yet this is an “anarchy” server?

An anarchy server is a server with practically no rules or repercussions as long as laws aren’t broken, and has a diplomatic system of a vote kick. The users decide in mass what is best for the forums and the next flowlab changes. As long as everyone is satisfied with a turn of events, nobody needs to be banned.

1 Like

I think that was a figure of speech, Slime

If you want only serious discussions, fine, I’ll suck it up. If you are okay with jokes, sure, I’d like that. But only jokes from mods? That seems unfair.

1 Like

That definition clarifies things, thanks.

I don’t want to continue that old argument again, but there was only two official otc. A bunch of followers made up a bunch of false ones which did needed to be removed, not saying mebslime is the otc holder or kind, but it was the only active one with the most members.
But there were users in the past that started arguing with other users in the topic causing some harsh words to be said and then the first otc got flagged down multiple times. Then someone kept continuously flagging it every time it opened. So I can’t necessarily see how the otc would get moved because people decided to curse up a storm on there.
I do agree with the fact that there only needed to be one, but there was just two because the first one kept getting flagged down for now reason.

1 Like

Have you been ignoring all my posts? Iv’e been doing nothing but making jokes this entire time, and all of them have flew by (Even the more brazen ones)

2 Likes

That was my intended method, just complying with the rules, but I’m at least okay with how they are now, except that now only I am the one stuck with following these rules, not anyone else.

All I can say about the old otc is that no mods had anything to due with it being shut down. The users all flagged it to death. That’s the ecosystem. If a ton of people want you to stop, a mass flagging can mute a user or topic temporarily. It’s the community that shut it down, not the mods. We had polls and discussed possibilities to appeal to everyone, and we now have something that appeals to everyone. A hidden off topic full category for anyone to enjoy, whoever decides to.

2 Likes

He was talking to Mhx_air, I think. Yes I’ve noticed your jokes and I’m sure he did to, but he was talking of the idea of a mod making a joke.

Unless you’re a mod?
Idk anymore, no one ever says anything about it.

Three users flagged it to death. If there are more it’s my belief that most are spam accounts, unless you have seen otherwise.