Merry Christmas Update šŸŽ„ [New Sprite Editor]

Because you arenā€™t using the select tool

3 Likes

@Ramshackle is right:

You canā€™t copy or cut until you select something, and you canā€™t paste until you cut or copy.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks (bruh i was stupid momentarily)

2 Likes

It wonā€™t let me paste a sprite into an animation or another object

2 Likes

This sounds amazing, I cannot wait to try out all the new features.

Thanks @grazer

7 Likes

I canā€™t seem to get the undo button to workā€¦

2 Likes

What do you mean? The button is disabled?

2 Likes

sometimes when I press the button nothing happens, even though I just did an action

2 Likes

Is it adding an extra undo step (i.e., if you press the button again does it undo the last action), or is something missing (i.e. nothing happens, and the previous action will not undo if you keep clicking)?

1 Like

something is missing. Iā€™m not sure why it happens, itā€™s been working consistently recently.

1 Like

Can you reproduce it? Is it a specific action that is not showing up in history?

1 Like

If I find it Iā€™ll let you know, for now I canā€™t reproduce it

1 Like

I think I found it. If you press on the frame of an animation that youā€™re already on, it resets all of the undo data. Itā€™s pretty insignificant but Iā€™ve gotten into the habit of pressing the frame to reset the thumbnail in the old version.

Edit:
Iā€™m getting the bug now, and I really have no idea why. I have a very big sprite. I filled it with one color, and when I try drawing something on it then pressing undo it does not work.

1 Like

The undo history has a cap on how much memory it will use. The larger the sprite, the fewer levels of undo are available. If the sprite is large enough, itā€™s possible that there isnā€™t enough memory left for the undo history. I thought that it would always have at least one level though, so that is a bug either way.

3 Likes

GUYS HELP WHEN I WAS EDITING A SPRITE I WENT BLIND
AND ITS SO DIFFERENT
AND WHERES THE GRIDDD
EDIT: oh nevermind the grid is hidden

2 Likes

Can you post a link to the game and object, so I can see the bug in action?

2 Likes

Itā€™s the sprite called ā€œCapitalā€, it should be the very first one alphabetically

2 Likes

I just realized you canā€™t copy an animation frame to another object anymore. This really slows me down.
Unless thereā€™s something iā€™m missing.

3 Likes

That was for me too until I learned that you now you have to press Control+V

3 Likes

has anyone else been getting a lot of lag when playing an animation?

1 Like