Messybedland - a country i made and also made a game about

• h.5
  • h.6
0 voters

which is better - hurrian hymn no 5 or hurrian hymn no 6

1 Like

not me singing 90s & 00s songs in my room because one of my friends had “i want it that way” by the backstreet boys stuck in their (or her? idrk anymore lol) head and everyone started singing it so i looked it up to listen to it & now i’m listening to britney spears

2 Likes

the weather’s nice

2 Likes

you can have the most perfect sleep ever & still wake up exhausted (this happened to me)

1 Like

why do you have to wait 24 hours for a post to be removed? seems kinda inconvenient imo

2 Likes

why do i have to make posts at such late times? what if i delete them?? i have to wait 24 hours before the thing i deleted in a panic gets off the website and now 2 people know that secret i let slip out of my mouth in the post about it slipping out of my mouth. i would say discourse ■■■■■ but that word is censored and saying suckz makes me seem like i’m trying to be cool during the first 3-ish decades of the internet excluding the 60s,70s & 80s intranets

overseether_author’s super epic edit™: the post above me is a rare short messybedland post :o

3 Likes

i found a scratch project where the main character is obsessed with these songs or something and i looked up “hurrian hymn” to see who actually likes them & i found you. you might like it why are you so obsessed with these

2 Likes

because theyre good songs!! :smiley: h.5 is the best! h.6 is really good because of the multiple ways you can interpret it!

1 Like

i like how Urhiya left the ancient hurrians. Puhiya(na) died, Urhiya left for Egypt & became a MILITARY GENERAL there

1 Like

A game soundtrack made entirely out of Hurrian Hymns:

Overworld - Hurrian Hymn No. 6 (Micheal Levy’s “An Ancient Lyre” Interpretation)
Underground - Hurrian Hymn No. 4
Boss 1 - Hurrian Hymn No. 5
Boss 2 - Hurrian Hymn No. 13
Boss 3 - Hurrian Hymn No. 12
Cutscene before final boss - Hurrian Hymn No. 6 (Richard Dumbrill’s Interpretation)
Final Boss - Hurrian Hymn No. 6 (Frank O The Mountain’s Interpretation)
Game Over - Hurrian Hymn No. 2
Bad Ending - Hurrian Hymn No. 16
Bad Neutral Ending - Hurrian Hymn No. 6 (Brayden Olsen’s Interpretation)
Good Neutral Ending - Hurrian Hymn No. 30
Good Ending - Hurrian Hymn No. 8
Overworld Post-Bad Ending - Hurrian Hymn No. 6 (Michael Levy’s “Ancient Landscapes” Interpretation)
Overworld Post-Good Ending - Hurrian Hymn No. 7

2 Likes

sorry about the lack of country updates!! (i’m only switching to this account because of the 3 replies thing and i need to post something that took me hours to write)

4 Likes

story for the game:

name idea - the modern mesopotamians
main enemy - ea nasir,that dirty little copper scammer >:/
plot - that dirty fricking scamming idiot has been reincarnated & started taking over the world… you must escape your now-captured modern city all the way to the ruins of Ur to fight Ea Nasir!
reason for the overworld theme - H.6 (Michael Levy’s “An Ancient Lyre” Version) is commonly played with memes of ea nasir,along with the Epic of Gilgamesh (this isn’t a song,it’s a poem but some people think it’s a song for some reason). It also sounds the most normal
reason for boss themes: they sound intense
reason for pre-final boss cutscene: it sounds eerie but it also sounds like youre confronting a final boss in a videogame
reason for final boss - it’s the most intense hurrian hymn. While the others sounded intense,they didn’t sound “this is the finale” intense. This interpretation of H.6 proposes that it was actually much more intense than we might think & I like that.
Game Over reason - It just sounds defeated. Like H.16’s reason but you won’t have to see the consequences.
Bad ending reason - It sounds horribly defeated,like “you’re a failure. Look what you did.”
Bad Neutral reason - Sounds like you’ve been defeated,but there’s at least some hope.
Good Neutral reason - It sounds happy,but not too happy. It’s as if some sadness is trying to be hidden.
Good Ending reason - It gives a completion feeling,like you’re happy! You saved everyone. You won.
Overworld Post-Bad reason - The overworld theme but sadder. All it’s reasons still apply,but it’s sadder
Overworld Post-Good reason - It sounds heroic. You defeated the evil!

Major Characters:
Main Character - some guy named Bob who works at the asda down the street
Villain - Ea Nasir trying to reset the world to what it once was in his time by destroying everything
Boss 1 - Hypnotised Nanni. Nanni sent the most famous Ea Nasir complaint and he’s now back & hypnotised. You will free him. Will join you on your quest.
Boss 2 - Hypnotised Servant. Nanni’s servant mentioned in the complaint,but hypnotised. Will join you on your quest.
Boss 3 - Hypnotised Urhiya. He wrote music for the Ancient Hurrians but went to Egypt to become a general. He wasn’t apart of Mesopotamia,but he will be now that Ea Nasir has his way. Will join you on your quest.

Levels:
Level 1 - City (part overworld,part underground)
Level 2 - Cave (fully underground)
Level 3 - Boss 1 (fully overworld)
Level 4 - Deep Sea Diving (fully underground) (in water)
Level 5 - Docks (fully overworld) (in a town)
Level 6 - Boss 2 (fully overworld,in ship)
Level 7 - Underground Facility (fully underground) (has a code you need to find that activates the final door to complete it)
Level 8 - Boss 3 (fully underground)
Level 9 - Pyramids (overworld)
Level 10 - Capital Of Mesopotamia
Level 11 - Outskirts of Ur
Level 12 - Ur
Level 13 - Final Boss (at Ea Nasir’s copper stand. He transfers you to “memory” versions of past levels which are grey & you need to find something to escape)
Post-Bad Level 1 - Destroyed City (may only be partly destroyed if you got bad neutral)
Post-Good Level 1 - Celebrating City (You might see a few corpses & die at the end if you got Good Neutral)

How to get the endings:
Bad Ending - Get Nanni, Servant & Urhiya to die.
Bad Neutral Ending - Get 2 people killed.
Good Neutral Ending - Get 1 person killed.
Good Ending - Get no people killed.

What are the endings:
Bad - You fight Ea Nasir. You’re supposed to combine everyone else’s newly discovered post-resurrection powers but without anyone else you fail. Ea Nasir succeeds.
Bad Neutral - Only you & another person are alive. They give you a part of their powers but you need to go full-force to kill Ea Nasir. An explosion happens & small but slightly destructive earthquakes start happening across the world. This happens to your city and the city is partly destroyed. Youre paralysed from the waist down
Good Neutral - Bad Neutral but with 2 people & no earthquakes. Ea Nasir is destroyed but youre extremely weak & you die after beating Post-Good Level 1
Good - Everyone’s alive & you get some powers. Everyone combines their powers to destroy Ea Nasir. Ea Nasir is dead and you feel strong. You enjoy life.

Armour:
Asda Uniform - Default. 5 defence,meaning it can save 10 HP.
Cave Uniform - Accessible in the cave. 6 defence.
Diver’s Outfit - Default for Level 4. Makes you breathe underwater. 4.5 defence.
Pirate’s Outfit - Yarr! Accessible on a sunken ship,me mateys! This gives yer crew 8 defence.
Facility Armour - Accessible if you type “ARMOUR” in the ending door. 12 defence.
Copper Armour - Costs the pirate’s outfit. 0.5 defence. The copper’s bad.

Weapons:
Asda Bag - Default. 2 damage.
Stone Knife - Accessible in the cave. 4 damage.
Complaint Tablet - Accessible in a secret room after you’ve beat Boss 1 in Level 3. 8 damage.
Pirate’s Sword - Yarr! Perfect to go with thee pirate outfit! Found in me same sunken ship! Yer crew does 12 damage with this one!
Gun - Found if you type “GUN” into Level 7’s final ending door code. 22 damage.
Pharoah’s Sword - Found in a Level 9 pyramid. 30 damage.
Copper Sword - Good copper found in Ur’s outskirts. 36 damage.
Ea Nasir’s Copper Sword - Bad copper found in Level 13. Costs your copper sword. 0.5 damage.

Secrets:
Hurrian Hymn No. 6 Tablet - The second most powerful weapon in the game. 80 damage. 15% chance of appearing if you type in “H6TABLET” in the underground facility final door code.
Puhiya(na) - A secret character. A melting shell of once he once was. Kinda like Gaster in Undertale. 10% chance of appearing if you get the H.6 tablet & type “HELP”, “SILENCEFAILEDRESSURECTION” & “CALLMEMYNAMEPLEASE” in that order to depict a conversation. You go to a secret level that’s a black void with only him in it. Interacting with him only makes him melt into a puddle & then go into your inventory as a weapon. You can’t use him until the final battle.
Secret Level 13 ending - Get all normal endings, start a new playthrough and get to the Good Ending. Using the H.6 tablet against Ea Nasir but then switching to Puhiya(na) for the final hit gives you this ending. Puhiya(na) scolds that dirty little copper salesman for not finishing his ressurection before single-handedly killing him. He then turns to your party & it fades to black.
Level 14 - You’re in an abandoned futuristic place. Hurrian Hymn No. 6 (Richard Dumbrill’s Interpretation) plays in the background. You have to find 5 key fragments to unlock a door that leads back to the city. It seems abandoned. Puhiya(na) then comes behind you & you start melting.
Level 15 - You’re a melting shell of what you once were. The game is now a top-down invisible maze. Similar to Level 14,you need to find 25 key fragments to make 5 keys to open 5 doors in each of the 5 sections. There’s a time limit. It’s silent except for the sound of your footsteps.
Level 16 - The Melting City. Once again,no music except for the sound of your footsteps & the city melting. The city has melted & you see a lot of people sinking into the buildings. Some are already too far gone. You enter your workplace, Asda, to see your boss sinking into the floor. You try to help him but you accidentally push him in more. You see his final moments. You need to find the ancient people and help them before it’s too late. 20 minute time limit on this level. The ancients will wait by the end of the level.
Level 17 - The final battle. The music starts as a sped up version of H.5 before transitioning into Michael Levy’s “An Ancient Lyre” interpretation of H.6 before it turns into a sped up version of the Ea Nasir battle music. Sped up means on x2 btw. The fight starts off basic,with a few normal but powerful attacks. But then it turns into the ultimate showdown once H.5 ends. Youre going through the levels again,but this time instead of all the levels in ascending order it’s:
the Puhiya(na) room,where you have to survive incredibly strong purple arrows being shot at you & incredibly fast H.6 tablets being thrown at you.
Level 15, where you have to find 5 key fragments to make a key to a gun with one bullet that shoots Puhiya(na). You will have to survive previous attacks, H.5 tablets that shoot lasers and knives as well.
Level 13, where you have to survive both Ea Nasir’s copper-themed attacks and Puhiya(na)'s full power with new attacks like complaint tablets,Neanderthal bone flutes that can behead you, Elizabeth II’s first axe (c. 161,000,000 BC) and actually good copper. You need to grab Elizabeth II’s axe to progress. Elizabeth’s Axe does 150 damage.
Level 17, where you need to hit Puhiya(na) 3 times with Elizabeth’s axe to progress.
Post-bad Level 1, where you need to chase Puhiya(na) through a burning building. Puhiya(na)'s arrows now can turn into fire arrows if they go through fire.
Level 16, where you can get the ancients to attack Puhiya(na)
Level 2, where Puhiya(na) can now make spikes come out of the ground
Level 8, where Urhiya gets hypnotised again so you have to deal with both him & Puhiya(na)
Level 17 again, where you can finally kill Puhiya(na)
Secret Ending: The city is back to normal,however some people are still dead. People are traumatised and scared. The ancients live out their new reborn lives. The servant stops being a slave because of the law and just becomes a roommate. You got a bad new manager, though.

Let me know if I missed anything!

3 Likes

talking to my mum feels like a chore ngl. i don’t live with her and she came to visit today. my gran left to go shopping leaving me with her. i was on the sofa trying to solve this rubik’s cube and then she came up & started singing something like “my beautiful baby boyyy”. oml woman i am not a baby. i then said “i’m not beautiful” (because i’m not) & then she was like “hey ur handsome not beautiful,hang on why do people seperate these words by gender” so i went like “yea lol we ain’t french we don’t have gendered language” then she was like “gender… dysmorphia is a new thing in schools!! you’re a boy!!” (those are nearly her exact words). i had to explain that i was talking about the french language (we’re learning it in school). idek how she started talking about that,was it the word “gender”?? when she’s shopping she goes in a trance & only focuses on the items,maybe when youre chatting she goes into a trance & only focuses on the word “gender”. also yk the “beautiful baby boy” stuff? she sometimes does that in PUBLIC too. like we’re in tesco & i clearly don’t like this. i love my mum to bits but sometimes she just needs to calm down (especially with her shopping jesus christ she went on a spree today)

2 Likes

am i too harsh on myself?

I’m gonna be honest, if a dude intentionally calls himself handsome/beautiful it really sounds weird. So I think it’s normal guy behavior to assume their ugly even if they’re not. So, you’re not the only one, my friends and I have said it ourselves as well.
We like to keep humble.

5 Likes

oh,ok! this makes sense

2 Likes

idc about ur music unless you’ve done something with a hurrian hymn. like,why wouldn’t you make a cover of hurrian hymn no. 6?? it has lyrics that are usually unused in most interpretations and one even has like “ooohoh oh” chanting. someone please make a popular artist sing h.6 it’ll be funny

1 Like

i was like actually trying this earlier because i thought it was funny and i wanted to see what the appeal was. i was going to give my horrible creation to you anyway
hope this helps: Taylor Swift (Speak Now Era) audio on Kits.AI

2 Likes

aside from the occasional battle between taylor swift’s voice & the non-ai voice richard dumbrill’s interpretation is done quite well

2 Likes

merry christmas messybedland citizens

4 Likes