More tutorials

yes pixel pizza is a good game dev but most of the time he is not on unless there is a contest and that really bothers me that he is only in it for the winning items and nothing else

sorry I overreacted

@“GrimProductionZ”, I say that you are jealous because you are blaming @PixelPizza for your examples/games not getting the popularity you want them to get. He did nothing wrong, so you shouldn’t have a reason to slander his reputation and call everyone else “suck-ups”. If anything, you are damaging your own reputation.

I think you need to look up what sucking up to someone means

Broooooooo, chill, aight?

For one @PixelPizza has been here FOREVER, He’s also a great game developer, his games all look good and play smoothly. I don’t know the guy but I still wouldn’t judge him like that.

Second probably the reason people didn’t see your examples are because the forums are SOOOOOOOO bogged up rn. Lots of things just get lost really quickly.

If you could post them here that would be nice though because I would like to see them :slight_smile:

like a said a suckup

@GrimProductionZ just shut up @PixelPizza is not a nobody your acting like a nobody, and don’t you have better things to do with your time than hate on someone who has done nothing wrong

Looks like somebody here is jealous.

Anyways, back on the topic of tutorials. I noticed that there were only 7 official video tutorials, and an additional tutorial by a trusted Flowlab member (@“Latif”). I think that, since Flowlab is an expanding website, there should be a few more tutorials added to the website. The current 7 (8 if you count @“Latif”'s) tutorials cover the basics, but I think more should be added for multiplayer. I don’t think there should be too many (since video making can be a hassle sometimes, and that making a tutorial on EVERYTHING would make example games and community support almost obsolete), but I think it would be a good addition to Flowlab to have more video tutorials.

Why would I be jealous of PixelPizza he’s a nobody

1 Like

PixelPizza is just some guy you comes one just to win stuff then leaves flowlab until another contest. all he cares about is himself and all of you suck up to him.

1 Like

The venom… Bro, why you so toxic? Give PixelPizza his credit!

@GrimProductionZ

I made some examples but no one probably wouldn’t care about it. cause all every one cares about is pixel pizza. a made a equip gun example but again no one would care and 100% is not gaining in the help section cause nobody cares

I see

Like could someone explain to me how to keep my player always pointing at the mouse even when he move around the world?

Like in this.

I do plan on starting on some tutorials in the coming few weeks, but I’m not sure to what exactly to go over (like very basic or very advance stuff). I would like to make a series going over every behavior in Flowlab and also a series for all my examples and how to do them.

But stuff like “making a game with Flowlab” is very loose and quick. Plus I can occasion go too advance to follow a long with. If I could ask for a list of ideas to cover, I can try to see what I can do after this week.

Also are you asking how to move the player in different directions but always looking at the mouse? or like the example you’ve made?

I have an example with both ideas using a behavior and with a custom bundle:
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1313462

If you want to move in the direction of the mouse, then you can also look at this:
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1343478

It’s funny because Me and JR01 have been discussing this for a while now.
I don’t think I have that much free time to make videos, but I am looking forward to watch the videos from JR01.

@“JR 01” Do you know what “Density”, “Bounce”, “Friction” can do? thanks.

@thieulamtri1 Here’s the Flowlab User Guide:
http://flowlab.io/user_guide/#flowlab-user-guide-objects

It will answer your questions and explain in-depth what those sliders are and do.

Yah, the flowlab user guide and tutorials actually do a really good job of describing most behaviors and simple game mechanics.

I would like to see some tutorials on more advanced game mechanics and maybe game making technics that help make a game much more enjoyable to the player.

technics huh, thanks for the idea. :smile: