My 2022 Flowjam, Life Cycle

Congrats! Here is a badge to prove you are the first to beat the game :deciduous_tree:!

2 Likes

:pleading_face::pray:

3 Likes

I feel obligated to let you know of a slight bug that I have been exploiting in my playthrough. So, basically, I’m playing on Chromebook with no mouse, just the touchpad, which makes it hard to do fast clicky things, but I found a glitch: whenever a minigame pops up, if you go to the skill tree it pauses the minigame timer while still allowing you to click stuff in the minigame, so you can complete the minigame at whatever speed you want with no consequences. I found it very useful for my particular situation, but you may wish to fix this :slight_smile:

Edit: Also, might I suggest a sound effect for when a minigame shows up, because sometimes I’m not paying the closest attention and don’t realize that a minigame has shown up

6 Likes

Another bug I noticed (at least I think it’s a bug): When I buy upgrades, the amount per second goes down instead of up, although I still seem to be getting more? For instance, prior to my first water upgrade I was supposedly getting 3.6/s but after the first upgrade I was only getting 3.1/s and now, after my third upgrade, Im only getting 2.3/s. But I seem to still be getting more and more water, so idk whats going on. This is happening with all of the resources

6 Likes

The resource thing is a typo, it’s meant to be resource/3.6. I notice the “bug” but kept it in because if someone found it I figured they probably did it because it was too hard for them, it’s better to complete when the game is running because you collect resources at the same time.

5 Likes

Oh, ok, awesome! Just making sure you were aware. Btw, this game is great! A nice calm experience growing my tree, lol. I also love the art, it’s really pretty!

Edit: I just got to the end and that was BEAUTIFUL! Bravo!

2 Likes

Ty, so glad you liked the game! I write a little bit of poetry so I wanted the ending to be very poetic and feel really satisfying.

4 Likes

Life Cycle ranked 11th with a rating of 3.07 for the 2022 Winter Flowjam! Not quite a first-place finish, but I’m happy with that placement for only using flowlab for ~3 months. Also ty so much for the feedback, it was really helpful! :llama:

7 Likes

Great job on this game, @CodeAlpaca - it was super creative and really well done!

5 Likes

i love your game it cool

6 Likes