My 2022 Flowjam, Life Cycle

This was a neat little game! I would say it felt a little easy though, not to say that’s bad necessarily. I started with like 700 photosynthesis and water and was able to easily buy all of the upgrade tree paths one after the other. I like the atmosphere a lot, though, feels nice and peaceful
: )

3 Likes

You’re not supposed to start with 700, I had that because I’m still editing it so I don’t have to play through the entire game each time. I changed it so it only activates on a specific keypress now so it should be fixed now.

3 Likes

I thought so, but you can’t really be sure :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

After I finish the tutorial today I’m gonna add different ways of getting photosynthesis and water to make the game more interesting.

3 Likes

Updates

• Tutorial for how skill tree and stats work.
  • Sprites for skills that are still locked.
3 Likes

This is not yet done, but I’m planning on adding little minigames while you wait to try and keep your tree alive, or to give the player extra Light/Water/Nutrients. Here’s a screenshot of some of it so far. :llama:

4 Likes

2 Mini Games have been added, Root Path and Cloud Clearer. I also added a Rules menu so you can read what some of the things do before you begin the game. If I have time I want to add more, but with the Jam ending soon I want to make sure the game is as polished as possible.

5 Likes

Wow, very nice, very nice :0

1 Like

(also i see you used my dialogue :wink: )
Another thing, can you skip past the whole part where you have to lift up the seed once you’ve already done it?
Idk, add a save reader in a skip button that says if (blank) is 1, then show, but if (blank) is 0 then hide, then make it so that when you complete the process of lifting the seed is sets (blank) to 1. Just a little something i add in my games to make the tutorial skippable, idk.

3 Likes

Wow, a Skip Tutorial button was added, what a great idea. :llama:

3 Likes

I don’t give a crap what other ppl say, this is getting a place in the flowjam :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Umm one problem:
My tree died on startup. Might want some set variable code there (°ー°〃)

1 Like

Was this with Skip Tutorial or a normal play-through with the cut scene?

1 Like

Skip tutorial. I think your reset variable code is contained within the tutorial, so uploading it again when skip is active might help…

1 Like

Updates

• Water Gain Adjustments
  • Light Gain Adjustments
  • Bug Fixes
3 Likes

Updates

• Fixed issues with cut scenes
  • Fixed tree instantly dying with “Skip Tutorial”
2 Likes

Problem, sir:

2 Likes