New Flowlab Update: Bilimbi 🎉

FLOWLAB HAS BEEN UPDATED!

First Named Version: “Bilimbi” (0.1.4382)
Previous version has been named retroactively: “Acai”

:sparkles: Updates

• Attachment Point editor
  • Raycast Offset Point editor
  • Prox Offset Point editor
  • Emitter Point editor
  • Behavior blocks refuse to overlap
  • Click version to view release notes
  • Mouse Wheel trigger block
  • Select next level based on input value
  • Expression optimization - up to 10x faster
  • Optimized Number block
  • Ability to select previous Flowlab versions
  • Faster Proximity checking
  • Flip behavior option to affect sprite only

:bug: Bugfixes

• Fix sprite editor hot key breakage
  • Undo message editor undo crash
  • Behavior undo fixes
  • Next Level broken on older games
  • Position block allows negative positions in grid mode
  • Improved behavior link validation on copy & paste
  • Some links fail to copy correctly (e.g. Switch self link)

Also: your My Games page has been updated. In your games’ hamburger menu there is a new “Lock Version” object which you can use to select Flowlab versions if desired (not recommended unless you have problems with a specific version)

30 Likes

Huh. Today I learned that bilimbi is a fruit that exists.

Amazing update as well!

10 Likes

Yay! Super87 gave a little sneak peek on this update, so I had a heads-up, but this update is awesome. Thanks Grazer!

9 Likes

Based update

9 Likes

It’s the update that no one knew they needed!

11 Likes

What is new about the Number Block?

5 Likes

The code is faster internally. It’s a minor thing, but that’s a very commonly used block, so it can add up.

9 Likes

Thank you Grazer for helping

1 Like

Good, because I made cavern generator with lots of numbers and it was slow.Bouncy Ball Runner

1 Like

could this update be the reason my attached camera isnt working anymore lol ( its attached to my player sprite )

2 Likes

Possibly, I’ll test this - thanks for reporting it.

3 Likes

Will the proximity change reduce lag, not sure if speed affects the lag.
Also an option to turn off the behavior stacking would be awesome, it’s incredibly annoying. I place something slightly over another and it’ll zoom across the screen.

3 Likes

Hey @probablydon - thanks for reporting this. I just released a small hotfix that should resolve this problem, let me know if you have any other issues

6 Likes

I know that once again I’m late to the party, but I did notice and greatly appreciate this update whilst working on my recent project. Thank you Grazer for once again supplying us with excellent new tools! I particularly love the Ability to select older editions, as it will most certainly preserve older games much better.

8 Likes

I’m also late to the party but this update is honestly AWESOME! Especially the level behavior change. Offset point editor is super useful too! But I am disappointed @grazer hasn’t added collision layers (no offense).

4 Likes

Now I’m intrigued to see what strange fruit Grazer will pick for the next update. I have actually tried Acai before though!

7 Likes

Jujube perhaps? Maybe the famed “Pawpaw”?

6 Likes

Are these names pre-made? because, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, lol.

2 Likes

They’re tropical fruits.

6 Likes