New Release: Easy Easing! 🌊

Will this remove the old ease? If so I will have to completely revamp 90% of my games. Definitely a good upgrade nonetheless.

5 Likes

You can no longer add the old Ease to your games, but old copies are not deleted unless you remove them yourself. Your old games should not be affected. :+1:

13 Likes

I think you forgot to mention that the wires were changed slightly, I like the new look a lot more, much easier to read
(To anyone that did not notice: The angle at which the wires go when leading to a behavior behind is now the same as if a Switch turned itself off, there is no longer an S shape, it’s now a long C)

7 Likes

Ah, you caught me! :smiley:

Yes, the links do behave slightly differently. When looping directly backwards, they attempt to render down below the blocks instead of behind them.

8 Likes

woah, nice
i use eases a ton so this looks super cool! :smiley: thanks grazer!!!

7 Likes

This is great! Also, great work by @JR01 and @Samuel_PixelPizza for sparking up the idea before it was implemented officially.

If only this was here sooner, it would have saved me a lot of brain juice lol

7 Likes

Hey I see abpause input but is there a way to completely reset it?

1 Like

The “start” input always starts back at the beginning, so that is a “reset”. Maybe I am misunderstanding your question?

6 Likes

can anyone make a example using this I have no idea what it do

2 Likes

Yes! This is great, much better! I think I can say this now, but I always disliked the duration slider in the old ease lol.

7 Likes

“Start” works as a reset, and “pause” works for both stopping and resuming the ease.
If you have a system where you need to input stop multiple times, even if it isn’t running, try using “Start” and “Pause” at the same time. That’s what I had to do with my example of this behavior.

On another note, It’s great to see an update to the ease behavior and with some inspiration from my ease bundle. With some testing, I can say that the ease behavior has the functionality of the ease bundle. If you used the ease bundle, you may need to adjust how the inputs work on the behavior. Like how reset works in comparison.

Start - will reset and play the ease.
Pause - stops and resumes the behavior.

If you want to “reset” input like how the bundle works, just use “Start” and “Pause” to create a stop input. You will most likely not need to do this, but I found this to be helpful when using multiple ease behaviors doing the exact same action and need to reset all ease types and play a selected one (like in the example).

Also, this behavior has some added features!

Reverse - works the same as “Start” but runs the ease in reverse. Great for UI movements.
Smart Rotation toggle - when turned on, the ease can look as the closest values on a circle.

For example, instead of easing from 45 to -45 on a circle,
you can ease from 45 to 315 and it will take the shortest path to those angles.

7 Likes

Is the sine exponent the output of the selected number into sine or the number needed to produce sine?

I really can’t tell what you’re asking here…
The exponent formula for ease doesn’t use sine actually.

And Sine is just a range of numbers over time (a frequency).
Exponent just means to multiply to itself, like 4^2 = 4*4

Edit: from your answers, here’s a guess as to what you asking for, I think?
With sin(x), x = the point in time the frequency is at.

Think of all the functions as just the equations that define the behavior of the transition over time. Maybe take a look at these graphs that illustrate common easing functions:

5 Likes

Time to ask how to make a catapult arc again, and see if it’s actually possible.
After an hour of testing, I GOT IT TO WORK

3 Likes

I need to start working on my game(s) again. Maybe I can make more interesting bosses with this

5 Likes

2 updates in 2 weeks? You’re spoiling us grazer!

10 Likes

Sorry I’m late, but I really enjoy the fact that I no longer have to add a bunch of numbers to make fading text because I can just do this:
Amongus
Thanks again grazer! Awesome update.

6 Likes

yeah whenever im about to add an ease i keep instinctively adding two number blocks lol

5 Likes
7 Likes