đź’Š noitciddA - a short game

Hey hey!

After three weeks of work, me and @rcreger have finished a game called “Noitcidda” for a school project. The game is super short, and it’s best to play the game as long as you can. Let me know what you think about our work, thanks!

19 Likes

Had a lot of fun making the music for this, and it was a pretty interesting game with a good amount of challenge. The highest score I got was just above 70,000 if someone would like to beat it (if someone already hasn’t XD).

It also has a very important message, so please go ahead an play it:) Have fun!

8 Likes

This is really thoughtful! At first, I was looking for those rainbow pills just to get those extra score boosts, but later on I felt like I needed them just to survive. I assume this is meant to demonstrate the transition from positive to negative reinforcement? Because I think you showcased that very well in this game.

7 Likes

Sure is! Glad you made that connection, it was exactly what I was going for. The game was built around the direction of the “nuggets” animation and I tried to convey that to the best of my ability. It makes me so happy that everyone took the game the right way and picked up on all the details :smiley:

10 Likes

sick game! I love the art direction and the game conveys the thematics of the game really well, great job!

6 Likes

wow this was really well done! I fell like you were able to correctly communicate your ideas through the game, very impressive!

7 Likes

also just realized the name is addiction backwards lol

7 Likes

i just noticed that too lol

5 Likes

:pensive: :no_mouth:

4 Likes

This is a wonderful game with a powerful message! You did a wonderful job with showing the message rather than directly stating it and it really makes it hit harder. And, of course, it’s always great to see another top down shooter from you!

And @rcreger absolutley killed the music for this! I love the almost cutesy sound it has and how it contrasts with the end message. I always love hearing your work!

7 Likes

at first i thought to myself “shooty shooty go brrrrr” but uh… i kinda changed my mind once the power-ups started looking like pills…
edit: sadly theres no secret ending when collecting no power-ups, but if you collect no power-ups they never start looking like pills. a nice little detail imo

4 Likes

I’m guessing I shouldn’t say that I’m… Addicted to this game

6 Likes

awareness spread :+1:

Send this game to anyone you know who has an addiction along with the animation

4 Likes

This is pretty good! I really like the simplistic and clean aesthetic while keeping it juicy and pleasing to look at. The message is also really well delivered. This game/experience it’s incredible. You two did a fantastic job and congratulations on achieving this!

I also like how you use simple shapes in your games but make them functional and part of the world! :clap:

7 Likes

:handshake: (i agree)

1 Like