Official Summer ☀️ Flowjam 2021 Discussion

I’m so excited for this year flowjam :grin:

3 Likes

I… Have decided, I am happy I don’t have a computer this jam XD

2 Likes

Looking forward to this! Def gonna give this one my all

4 Likes

The only edge I have over you is that I have a computer. You have probably at least 10x as much experience as I do when it comes to making games.

Though uh, yeah, it does help to have a full sized working desktop… so advantage me on that aspect.

3 Likes

Wow, this is awesome, I like the changes, kind of curious about those bonus themes!

Sadly, I can’t participate in this one, but I’m looking forward to seeing what you all will come up with.

5 Likes

It’s about the time I remind everyone about my library of tools and shortcuts.
I suggest looking through and experiment with these bundles to help give ideas on how to build what you need. From list of examples, UI & camera, live tools, and an advance expression guide.

The Bundle Library is Here! - JR 01

p.s.

(we have another project that I hope gets finished soon before the Jam starts)

8 Likes

Don’t know if it’ll be helpful or not, but I made a faux lighting system that might work for an atmospheric game as well:

Player Lighting System

It’s inspired by Pizza’s hidden wall example

3 Likes

This is similar to how I made the sound in Nyctophobia.
I do advise that very very large proximities can cause lag, this size should be fine but I suggest using the distance bundle when lag does start to occur.

3 Likes

I’ll have to look into that once I have a bit more time on my hands:D

Also, by the sound, do you mean like the distance effecting the volume? If so, I need to take a look because that’d be helpful

3 Likes

Its very old, but I believe I just used distance < 100 from the player and used “100-A” to convert distance to volume. I could make a new example later with between a distance of any 2 numbers that convert to %.

3 Likes

I think would be a very helpful example, but I’ll take a look into it myself. Thanks for the suggestions and everything!

2 Likes

It’s time to put on my A-game :sunglasses:
Y’all going down in style :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I dig the changes made this time around. I’m in!

3 Likes

Welcome back kraylos! I have absolutely no clue who you are!

4 Likes

dunno if you saw me last time but TheGameDemon was my original username around here, thought to take the opportunity to change it with that new update quite a bit ago.

4 Likes

Ah. I’ve heard tales of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen you 'round here, just can’t place my finger where

were you in last year’s jam?

3 Likes

I think i was :thinking:
The only game jam i was in was the light and dark theme

1 Like

Ah boy, couldn’t brew up a game for that one lol

2 Likes

I’m planning on making a small funny game about the Cacodemon for this game jam but I don’t know if it can be featured or not. Is that ok?