Official Summer ☀️ Flowjam 2021 Discussion

I’m planning on making a small funny game about the Cacodemon for this game jam but I don’t know if it can be featured or not. Is that ok?

Now, you see, I’m at a disadvantage, because other people’s computers can actually do anything, unlike my Chromebook.

1 Like

“I’m winning!”
“You’re not winning! You’re losing in style!”

Funny enough I’ve almost worked exclusively on a chromebook as well so we’re hanging out in the same boat.

2 Likes

yay im finaly competant enough to entre a gaem jamm!!!11!1

4 Likes

Oh wow! This is really cool that you can win a free export!

3 Likes

I have a question. Can you choose which of your games get exported?

1 Like

It’s the game that wins the jam that is exported.

6 Likes

Ok

I would add another prize. Get full functionality forever Flowlab.io

If you can, play my game please! Flying Ball

1 Like

epic

1 Like

That’s not normal

Oh wait nvm my computer’s date is off

4 Likes

I don’t know how to make a mobile game yet, so… I’m out.

Good luck to the rest of you!

2 Likes

So true!

2 Likes

I feel like the prize has something to do with the game needing to be mobile, if you win you can play it on your iPad or Galaxy Tablet

2 Likes

“Tap” is just mouse click and swipe is just “mouse move” Or throw all that to the wind and do a game about telegraphs machines or shoplifting :grin: it’s still a fun excuse to try something new in Flowlab even if you don’t finish.

When I used to make comics, my friends and I would do Scott McCloud’s 24-hour comic challenge (no pre-planning - write and draw a 24-page comic in 24 consecutive hours). I’ve attempted several times and only “completed” it twice. But even the failures taught me a ton.

5 Likes

I definitely want to figure out how to make a mobile game eventually, but I don’t know if 2 weeks is enough time for me to learn how to do that. I guess I could try to make something with mouse click and drag and hope that it works on mobile? But I won’t be able to know if it actually works on mobile or not.

I tried to show my recently created Flowlab game trailer to a friend, and he said he couldn’t get it to work on his mobile… and his phone is a lot better than mine.

2 Likes

Yeah, Flowlab on its own from the website doesn’t always play nice with phones. Things get hung up and don’t load. But once you export them for iOS or Android I am under the impression that loading and touch functions work a lot better. It’s not your trailer’s fault. :wink:

1 Like

I haven’t tested any of that yet, 2 weeks doesn’t seem like a lot of time to figure that out and create a new game…

I’m not complaining, at all. I understand that there is no “amateur category” for these types of contests, and the devs who make the best games for the category absolutely deserve to win. I just know that won’t be me, not this time anyway. Maybe next jam. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like