Official Summer Flowjam 2022 Announcement ☀️

… Wow, that is a thing. https://flowlab.creator-spring.com

1 Like

Reminder, the theme is out now.
But you can only start your game starting July 12th 00:00 EST (in 1 hour)
Games created before this time will not be submitable.
Start Brainstorming!

5 Likes

I already brainstormed : )

1 Like

So hyped <3

2 Likes

Also, how do you exactly title your game for the Game Jam? Like, i got a name but how should i do it in the title for forums.

? If you’re confused use reference from past game jams

The Flowjam has officially begun!
The theme is “Out Of Space”

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

I would just do it as the name of the game, make sure to set the tag as “play my game”

Thanks! :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone!

Happy birthday @AbstractGallery !

1 Like

sell it. If i win ill give it away to my cousin who does not have one. Im doing this for fun

1 Like

Lol, thanks! You too!

Good Luck!

Finaly I know what “out of space” means.

@grazer whats the theme?

Look at the oficial flowjam website

The theme is “Out Of Space” It began today and ends on the 26th (2 weeks)

2 Likes

Progress has been made: https://flowlab.io/game/play/2078002 click to use attack that’s pointless atm — I kind just spent an hour importing animations and sprites into the game today. Maybe I’ll working on it again tonight, for now that’s. What I’ve got. Proud of it.

If you try to access this right now, flowlab’s servers are full because of a bot trafficker so it won’t load. Hopefully soon it’ll be fixed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m so confused about the theme

Think of it as “No more room” or “Not enough space”, does that help?

1 Like

Just make a fun game, almost any game can be given an excuse to fit a certain theme. This is for learning after all. I was thinking about making a game about someone who is a hoarder and keeps things, and then has to decide what to get rid of without making your character feel too guilty lol.

I went with something different :joy: (still might dabble with that some other time)

1 Like