Old Super Mario Bros. Feedback/Update List

I don’t think I’ve experienced that one @“Super Daniel Maker” .

sorry

@rcreger @“Super Daniel Maker”

This is going to be a massive response, so bare with me:

Both

About the red blocks: That’s Flowlabs fault. When Flowlab fails to load something it makes it a red block, and in a game as M A S S I V E as Old Super Mario Bros., that could easily happen!

Super Daniel Maker

I have 0 clue what you mean by the strange jump mechanics. If you mean you jump too high: This isn’t really a Mario game as much as it is me building a base for another game, and that’s just how i like it. If you want me to lessen the jump amounts i will consider it.

I don’t think staying in the air when you hit a block is high on my priorities list, but i’ll try to get rid of it.

Infinite flutter jump? What? Even if you spam the jump button that never happens!

Luigi isn’t even in the game… Well, he is, but he’s not in any of the levels. And i gave up working on him halfway through so i’m already well aware he’s very broken.

Red blocks? You mean the blocks outside the playing field? Those are supposed to be there.

Trapped in levitation? Did you press the jump button and then click out of the tab? What did you think would happen!?

The slopes actually turned out better than i expected! Their actually one of the simplest blocks in the game, so the fact you had a bad experience with them is kinda confusing.

rcreger

Restart? You mean respawn? It doesn’t refresh the level it just respawns Mario. I could make it so that when you respawn, the GUST FLOWERS (Just saying what they’re called) reset as well if you want!

Yeah i know, going ups slopes makes you WAY slower but in the future: I plan to make Mario turn when he’s on it so he goes up them correctly! That, and i’m also gonna make it so when you crouch you slide down them, providing a offensive advantage!

@rcreger
I fixed that major issue you talked about and i did it in a pretty unique way! Read the update log in the description for details.

I added some new things to the game! Read the description!

Well, it’s not exactly what I was expecting for an update @Crigence , since it doesn’t reset the others. Maybe you could make it so that each time Mario uses it, it resets after the animation, because otherwise, you won’t be able to do some of the stuff. Just a suggestion, and thanks!

My favorite button is control-left

Oh, very nice @Crigence , I like this a lot more!

@rcreger
You like what a lot more? The slopes?

Basically all you have updated so far @Crigence ! It makes it more enjoyable!

The recode was a MAJOR success! Check the description for details!

That is fantastic @Crigence !

the number counter for the coins and the score is broken

Iv’e given the game its last update. The title has been changed and a notice has been added to the menu along with a button linking you to my Flowlab profile.

In-short: The game has been abandoned in-favor of my newer projects. (Although like past Crigence said, i feel like it was mostly done anyway!)

Thank you to all of those who supported the game as it was being developed and i hope you will all follow me along with me to my newer endeavors!

~Crigence

https://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/6963/bounce-jam-feedback-update-list#latest

I’d like to announce that Old Super Mario Bros. is getting a soft-remake!
Super_Mario_Bros._Logo

I’m going to be rewriting the game’s code from the ground-up to bring the game up to modern standards (Or at least MY modern standards). Here’s the progress iv’e made so far:

*Changed title back to Old Super Mario Bros.
*Began recoding Mario… For the third time now
*Completely recoded the goombas. All the junk code from before is now gone
*Completely recoded both ? Block types and laid the ground-work for block-specific items down-the-road. Invisible blocks are now barely visible when unhit
*The main-menu now has a recreation of 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros. in it, with some Old Super Mario Bros. additions added in for good measure!
*The invisible ? Block now only has collsion when hit from below until you actually hit it. Needless to say, it’s impressive tech-wise and matches the real invisible ? Blocks!
*Completely recoded the coins
*Completely recoded the gust flower (Mario’s new code made it FAR simpler)
*Completely “recoded” the brick block (Although in this case, i actually did a pretty good job the first time so all i had to do was just remove the junk code)
*Coins now slide out of ? Blocks instead of teleporting out (Seems unimpressive, until you realize I’m the first one to implement this into their Flowlab Mario game)
*Completely recoded the No-Collide blocks to use a superior HTML5-compatible method of cloaking, They also now have leave a cool effect behind while cloaking!

Some sound-effects will be missing and some things may still be buggy, but you can check on how the remaster is coming along by going to the games original URL here!

2 Likes

A lot of returning of the kings for sure XD

Even Johnny boy came back

1 Like

Jesus Christ, what’s next, sup3r87 updates GalacticoS?

2 Likes

No, the best would be Grazer reveals he’s [REDACTED] which I can’t tell u
Also I suspect @grazer is Dream lol

1 Like

I just want to say that grazer put ban on using the f bomb and any other source of curse words must be at least censored or not said at all.

3 Likes