One Minute Miner - [10,000 PLAYS ON FLOWLAB]

Hey, gang!

Finally submitted my project for the Summer Flowjam 2021. It’s called One Minute Miner, a game about mining ore to upgrade King Monarch’s castle. I tried focusing on polish and presentation (while still obviously getting the gameplay down) and I’m really proud of what I’ve accomplished in these last 2 weeks. Although I am DRAINED :joy:. Hope you all enjoy!

9 Likes

I’m gonna try it out once I get home, HYPE!

4 Likes

This game is amazing. Very well done and everything seems to be functioning correctly. Way to go!

4 Likes

@Greggo Awesome game! You captured the personality of a pompous King very well and the game itself is a great tapper! Nice work!

3 Likes

Thanks for the support @rcreger and @Bmarzi!

@muddyapples I had a really fun time writing the King’s dialogue :joy:

4 Likes

This is fun, great job!

2 Likes

I only have one suggestion and that is to make the title font a little more fun. Maybe make the “T” an axe and add some rock texture to the block.

The fact that the game saves user progress is awesome!

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @Bmarzi! I’ll be sure to see what I can do when I get back to my computer.

2 Likes

It’s off-topic, but where does “Pallet Productions” come from, like the origin of the name?

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a LONG story so I’ll keep things short for on-topic reasons and say this: I used to be a huge Pokemon fan.

2 Likes

I like this game, simple but unique and has a great structure for mobile. but my hand hurts from clicking so fast :frowning:

3 Likes

@F3Art - Thanks for the support and feedback! Yeah the mining system is definitely more comfortable on mobile.

@Bmarzi - I’ve updated the logo and I think it has a bit more going for it now. Hope you like it!

3 Likes

It looks great now, that’s exactly what I had in mind. This is the best game so far. So polished and complete. Way to go!

3 Likes

Nice game! I really appreciate It’s polish and charming graphics.

3 Likes

Nice game Greggo!
Never disappoint!

3 Likes

Pallet Town.

2 Likes

I want to work more on One Minute Miner before it gets published so if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve the gameplay or new features then I’m all ears! Also if anyone has any bugs to report.

3 Likes

SUGGESTION: maybe we can renovate the interior as well, like different stages? Outside, inside, backyard, and so on? That’ll be a lot more work, but just a thought:D

4 Likes

Not as much work as you may think (or at least I THINK not as much work). I like that!

4 Likes

Small warning for anyone who plays One Minute Miner in the next few days. I am currently working on the upgrade system so if you play the save system might not work and you might lose progress. Furthermore you may notice some changes in the look of the palace.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

4 Likes