Origin's Casual Reviews

I’ll give feedback on
Gameplay
Art
and
Sound
The feedback won’t be the most professional, but it’ll be good enough

1 Like

Hi, i would like your feedback on this demo.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have recently finished a game. It’s called Vehicle Battlefield. Please review it.

1 Like

Flowlab.io - Transformers: Flowlab Laser (WIP)

Gameplay:
There are a lot of spaces where you can jump off the map. You can’t finish the Bumblebee level because the goal only works with Optimus instead of the player’s parent. If you don’t kill the enemies they just keep firing even off-screen. WASD and arrow keys having separate inputs for movement can lead to glitches by quickly switching between the two. If the transformation mechanic is used well it could be used to make more unique levels.

Art:
The art style is inconsistent. Some sprites have quite a bit of detail while others are just flat. Everything is very static overall. Adding a little bit of shake by just shifting parts of the sprites around alone would liven things up. Also the ground in the Bumblebee level not lining up bothered me.

Sound:
I only put the SoundCloud music on partway through playing. It doesn’t feel like it really fits with the game (and it’s a separate tab running in the background). Changing between 2 laser sounds when you shoot might make it less repetitive. Also, the enemies really should stop shooting off-screen. If you run past one, the sound of shooting gets annoying pretty quickly. The transforming sound is perfect and my mom definitely didn’t look at me weirdly when it played.

Overall, I think the game is fine for a demo, but it should be taken in a slightly different direction to make it a little less like a reskinned Gamougg game.
(I didn’t test out the mobile side so I don’t know how that handles)

This has been a casual review by OriginsOrange. It was made after quickly reviewing the game in question and writing about things as observed at the moment. As said before, it’s not the most professional, and getting a second opinion is usually advised.

2 Likes

Thank you for the review! Some shortcomings look pretty obvious to me now lol. Like the switching between two laser sounds and the enemies shooting off-screen, I will address those immediately.

I agree. It is not supposed to be like Gamougg at all except for being a side-scrolling shooter. It is mostly based on three games in terms of gameplay: Transformers: Forged to Fight (before Netflix bought it), Angry Birds Transformers, and Bumblebee Overdrive. It will have at least one level for each character or version of a character. Thanks again for your time.

Lol my mom yelled at me when I recorded it. It was so loud that my mom heard from downstairs so maybe that’s why. I based it directly off of this meme.

2 Likes

I am still doing this, but I’m very slow (and “busy” playing Zelda)

2 Likes

5 Likes

Flowlab.io - CubeTales 3: Flames Of Destruction [Open Beta 1.18]

Gameplay:
I like jumping around randomly. I couldn’t tell how the platforms in the second level work. I just jumped around and they went up. The Berserker can be killed by just mashing your mouse and walking away when it lands on you. I think adding a second phase to it could make it a bit more challenging.

Art:
Overall I like the art, but it could use more impact. The enemies feel pretty stiff even for robots. I’ll say it once again. Shifting parts of a sprite is a really good way to get quick animations that look fairly decent, even if they’re only placeholders.

Sound:
I didn’t really notice anything about the sound overall, which is probably a good thing. If anything, I think the attack sound might have been just a little repetitive.

Overall, it’s a nice game and is definitely good for a beta version. The voice that’s telling you your objectives seemed kind of evil, but I was probably just imagining things
(I hope this isn’t outdated because of all the time I spent being a busy person [aka procrastinating]. It’s almost been a month since I started this review. If this was my actual job, I’d have been fired by now…)

This has been a casual review by OriginsOrange. It was made after quickly reviewing the game in question and writing about things as observed at the moment. As said before, it’s not the most professional, and getting a second opinion is usually advised.

3 Likes

there’s a pressure plate you need to activate to move the platforms up, and the player is too light to activate it.

I am working on this, thanks for the suggestion!

you know too much lol

All in all, thanks for the review! I’m trying to get as much feedback as possible.

1 Like

I did make the Berserker harder to hit, and more fast paced.

It’s meant to be a fight where either you destroy the Berserker quickly, or you die quickly.

3 Likes

And it works. Its the first boss fight in the game, and its solid in my opinion. I do think we need more boss fights though, and the Frost Blossom could have a second phase. Also you could make older bosses become normal enemies in later levels, like how DOOM Eternal does, because that is an epic challenge.

3 Likes

hi can u pls review this?

2 Likes

Review this.

4 Likes

Flowlab.io - Vehicle Battlefield!

Gameplay:
The controls are kind of inconsistent. In the first level, you can shoot with the mouse, but in the second level, you have to use the spacebar. I think using the mouse for shooting is better because you also use it to aim. The second level also has arrow key controls in it that the other two levels don’t. The third level acts like an entirely different game and I feel like it gets dragged out for too long. And with how big the comet is so big it looks like it should destroy the entire planet, even after you beat the level. This might be more on the art side, but maybe you could consider adding some kind of shield around the planet

Art:
The art is simple overall but my biggest problem is in the third level. Some obstacles start blending into the background because they don’t have an outline to make them stand out.

Sound:
The enemies don’t have any kind of sound, the music doesn’t loop, and the shooting sound is very repetitive

Overall I would say it’s a fine game with the biggest problems being the changing controls and the sounds/music

This has been a casual review by OriginsOrange. It was made after quickly reviewing the game in question and writing about things as observed at the moment. As said before, it’s not the most professional, and getting a second opinion is advised.

4 Likes

Oh shoot, I forgot to use the mouse to fire in the second level. I’ll add that.

Oh, good idea. I made the level long and challenging. I didn’t want it to be easy. I also just updated the movement.

Oh, yeah. Some of the comets don’t have white outlines. I’ll add that.

What should I do about the shooting? Oh, the music doesn’t loop? I’ll add that.

Glad to hear it! I’ll be doing a minor update for the movement and the sound has been fixed.

thanks for reviewing the game!

I have fixed this all, thank you again for the review. I fixed a lot of problems thanks to you. I’ll make some sound for the enemy shooting.

Maybe try to use a second sound to alternate between

1 Like

@JUSTPLAINOP you should have a few (maybe 3 or 4) shooting sound effects and randomly generate one each time it shoots.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll add that sometime.