Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Thanks! There has been thoughts of moving into Unity, @Cuts_ups, but as of right now, Sol will be developed completely on Flowlab. As of other projects, a solid maybe.

3 Likes

How to you mix up unity with flowlab? I never heard of that before :no_mouth:

1 Like

Wait, I think I’m misunderstanding :sweat_smile:

But I meant that I won’t be developing Sol on any other platform as far as I know at this moment. By completely made on Flowlab, means I’m not thinking of moving it onto Unity. If that answer your question?

1 Like

ok, now I get it lol

1 Like

woah cool wall slide animation! I’m starting to get even more excited about this game lol

also, i have a suggestion for the wall slide animation; maybe make his cape fly up a little bit to emphasize Sol’s movement downwards.

1 Like

I should have said this in the post, but this is the idle form of the wall climb XD but yes, I completely agree that the cloak should have and effect:) thank you!

idle form? does that mean you can hang on to the sides of walls without moving as well?

1 Like

Gravity will get you, but you can press S to make yourself drop faster - hence a flare up. The non-forced drop is pretty slow, too, so a decent flare up would be a bit odd compared to the rather static movement.

2 Likes

"Monstrosities and demons,
Coming out to play,
The energies and photons,
Reality is in dismay.

Shifting and sifting it is,
The substance of space did,
Collapsing and eclipsing,
And it’s face it did hid.

For fear subcumb the body,
Terror an outstretched arm,
Oh, these beings ungodly,
To my flesh they cause harm.

Their words are of cold steel,
And with bronze of their eyes,
Around their neck the wore a seal,
Say 'who else shall look, he dies '.

Hobble in out of the darkness,
Lying aspread in the moonlight,
The power cannot do of harness,
And won’t lose without a fight."

Poem of the Bronze Goblins by Howard Munche

5 Likes

i like it! nice poem! (sound effects of people clapping pop up)

1 Like

SOL PRODUCTION UPDATE

To keep you guys up to date - Sol is still being worked on, even though I’m not posting anything on here. Right now, it’s been mostly programming in animations properly and making sure the effects are alright. That, and adding more particles than I should be:D

I’m starting to get into the production of the various enemies, as well as thinking up some level design and puzzles. When the demo comes out sometime in Q1 of 2021, you as the player will be playing the tutorial from the game. It will teach you the early gameplay and puzzles, as well as revealing the visuals and writing style of the game. So that’s what you can expect from the demo.

Progress has been looking up - along with the enemies and puzzles that are being planned out, I’ll be integrated the dialogue system soon as well. So if you guys are wondering why new art, animations, or music isn’t being released, it’s because I’m hard at work with the prior listed.

Thank you everyone who has stuck by so far (and also read to the end lol), and just keep an eye out for any later releases…

5 Likes

can i suggest an enemy idea?

1 Like

You’re welcome to, but I already got the ones that I needed in the process. You can still, but just know that I most likely won’t be able to implement the ideas. And if you don’t mind, if you suggest anything, please PM since I want these to be a bit more private.

NEW FREE-TO-USE SONG!

Here’s a new FREE song made by Plymouth Entertainment (must credit to use)! A cinematic and moody sound, with just a dash of epic!

“Melas Oneiros” (Credits; Epic; Melancholy; Cinematic)

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT
*song has been updated since initial release

3 Likes

woah nice song rcreger :0

2 Likes

Thank you @F3Art! I do my best!

i can tell you did your best, it’s really great!

i use beepbox quite a bit as well, this is probably my favourite I’ve made. it was for a game i never ended up making song

1 Like

Is that one for that Halloween game? Guessing that since the song is more uneasy and foreboding.

actually no, it was for a steampunk inspired game based inside of a dream. (it was still going to be a bit spooky though) i never really posted it other than one time. I just used Eric Matyas’s music for the Halloween game to save time. I’m still working on the Halloween one, though it’s going to be finished more like around christmas lol.

1 Like

Dang, there was gonna be another steampunk game about dreams? XD sorry, I didn’t know about it

Oh, okay. I saw the Halloween one a while ago and I liked the light FX. Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like