Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

5089: sol 2.1 (20 chars)

3 Likes

I might but my account on Instagram is my own personal one and idk if I wanna use that one to follow no offense :sweat_smile:

Just privacy stuff, y’know?

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re good man!

It’s understandable, though XD

4 Likes

do you know exactly when the game will release?

1 Like

Hey @rcreger guess what. I got the Badge Empathetic too! Woooo!

Golden Bros :fist_right: :star2: :fist_left:

4 Likes

Okay, I’m going to design a Sol plushie now and NO ONE CAN STOP ME
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

also, ha

2 Likes

It’s set for sometime in 2023, with a demo pinned for this Summer

3 Likes

:eyes: 2023!?! WHA-?! This game will clearly be too big for flowlab. And Im guessing hacker2 will be too big to. OOF

2 Likes

It’s not gonna be HAKK3R big, but it’s my largest project yet. Putting a lot of work and attention to detail stuff into it, just trying to make it the best I can make it. Definitely a long time till release though XD

1 Like

I think sol and HAKKER2 are gonna be about the same size

2 Likes

Eh, mines pretty linear and straightforward in style, whereas HAKK3R seems more open like Cyberpunk. From the looks, HAKK3R 2 is gonna be huge, and would at least be double the size, physically and on content, compared to Sol.

But we’ll see XD though I’m not looking for a big size, I’m just looking to making something of quality

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged) ha lol

That’s what I’m going for with my game too. Except it’s more open-ended but in a small area

1 Like

Ay, like the new profile pic @F3Art! Can’t wait for August Silence, ngl

2 Likes

NEW UPDATE! - SMOOTHER MOVEMENT

One thing I’ve been meaning to implement was smoother navigation of the environment. Although I may add more features later for this smoother movement stuff, I’ve currently made it so that when a certain raycast is hit off the character, their friction is zero. This means the player shouldn’t just bounce off the wall if they are halfway up a block. It kind of just pushes the player up enough to reach their goal, and also the same way when going down.

With this, I managed to fix an air dashing issue, where if you held down an arrow key while dashing, it would actually slow you down. So, how I fixed it? Well, now the arrow keys just don’t do anything while you’re dashing (except for down arrow, so you can “down dash” for certain platforming areas).

Finally, another addition for air dashing. While holding down a movement key (left or right) while about to dash off a platform, it gives a “lift off boost” sort of thing, reaching farther distances. This can be a good think, but also a hinderance in some occasions - so be ready to “down dash” when needed;D

Thanks for checking in! Keep an eye out for any more updates! :smiley:

5 Likes

DEMO HAS STARTED PRODUCTION!

The thing I’ve meant to start this Christmas break is now finally happening. That does not mean all of the core systems are done, but it does mean that I’m starting work on level design concepts that may or may not change over time. Also note not near enough of the sprites and animations are finished either for a complete start up for the demo (since it is supposed to be the intro tutorial of the main game - which may or may not change at release as well). Right now, it’s mainly just brainstorming, but just know legit production has started, and will continue.

Keep an eye out for future updates!

6 Likes

Can’t wait to try the demo one day!

1 Like

Everyone, go an play @Greggo’s game, its super fun!!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the shout out @rcreger!!! I’m so glad you like the game!!

4 Likes

Just FYI, I’m still figuring stuff out for Sol, but doing the FlowJam has also taken a little chunk of time. So updates will be a little be more scarce, but just no stuff is being done behind the scenes:)

2 Likes