Wait, I do? I don’t have one on my screen haha
wait a minute, no yeah I totally do
@rcreger - It’s a new thing that Grazer is experimenting with. If you have the Indie paid subscription, you’ll have this icon.
What about edu lol? No badge for that yet?
He said there will be, but it’s for Teachers.
Yay, just gotta wait then lol.
You have to log out and log back in to get the teacher thing
Hm… I got Indie though. Well, he’s still experimenting, so maybe it didn’t get to everyone?
@grazer , confirmation?
EDIT: Thanks for all of the replies!
I think he has to manually add them to each indie user so I can see if he accidentally leaves someone out.
I only noticed the badges yesterday. Maybe its a new process and grazers still adding everybody.
Also, the Sol demo was exciting @rcreger, even if it was the cancelled version. Can’t wait to see the finished product, its going to be so cool!
Thanks @DarkStar_Studios , appreciate it!
This may or may not be used in the new Sol game, but here’s the song anyways - which YOU may use also:)
Probably my longest song title XD
SOL - PRE-ALPHA 0.1 STATUS
Just applied a new ground sprite that looks a lot smoother. My next plans are to start integrating simple tracking enemy AI and detection. You’ll be seeing more updates on that at a later date.
Afterwards, I plan on making the mini-inventory system, finish the combat system, dialogue box system with choices, as well as more decorative objects and props. I’ll post more of the art side of things here and keep you all informed on the gameplay and functions side through written form.
The key difference between the previous form of Sol to this one is that there will be much less cutscenes. I want the player to be more immersed - as much as a 2D game can allow - and cutscenes seem to break that sort of immersion I’m looking for. There will be in-game cutscenes, with an occasional still pixel art image only when it suits well.
You guys may be wondering when the release date will be. My guess will be 2023 for complete development. It’s an ambitious project for me, and with having to also juggle life with it, it will take time.
I plan to release a demo after an open-beta build, to receive feedback wherever needed. This would require most of the systems finished, however, so don’t expect it this year.
Wish me luck, and have a great day!
An approx release date?
Is there one for the demo? (that is if there is going to be a demo)
Also what happened to Project Progus?
I have a feeling that a demo would be opened late this year, if not then next year. He said that we shouldn’t expect it to come out this year because there are some systems that must be finished.
Although you can play the cancelled version of Sol using rcreger’s post here.
That is technically the demo for now.
Project Progus was just the codename I put for what is now the new iteration of Sol. As for a approximate release window for the demo, hopefully sometime in mid to late 2022.
SOL - PRE-ALPHA 0.1 UPDATE
After 2 and a half hours, I have made a barebones enemy AI system. This is what it can do as of right now:
- Knows the placement of the player, and once detects the player, tries it’s best to get to the player.
- Has a detecting system, where you’re more probable to be detected while in front of the moving enemy than behind it.
- Has a patrol mode where the enemy object avoids falling off the sides of platforms and running into walls.
- Made it so there’s absolutely NO JITTER when the enemy is directly below or above the player object.
- When close to the player, the enemy stops for, one, not continue running into the player object, and two, allow the possibility for it to attack.
While that took a while, there’s same more things I plan on adding, hopefully today:
- Enemies do not run into each other, and if they do, they figure out a way to get out of the situation.
- Enemies can not get stuck underneath or on top of player.
- Enemy will jump over some obstacles and gaps to get to player.
- Able to go back to patrol mode after losing interest.
And what to look for later down the line:
- Health system
- Enemy melee system
Thanks for tuning in, I should have more stuff out today!
SOL - PRE-ALPHA 0.1 UPDATE
As said before, I was going to try and get some more things done. While not all, I’ve got the following started:
- Enemy jump over gaps and obstacles
- Adjusted code for speed attack for moving enemies
- Enemy wait time before chasing player
- Created test level specifically for enemies
Not as much as I wanted, but more is sure to arrive, don’t worry! Stay tuned!!!
Is it just me whos got the feeling that sol demo is gonna be released either early or late?