Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

SOL - PRE-ALPHA 0.1 UPDATE

It’s been three days since I posted, but I’ve been working on smaller things each of those days. Here’s what I’ve got as of today:

1. Fixed some enemy AI bugs dealing with interacting with other AI
  2. Updated the idle animation to be cleaner
  3. Made a new sliding animation - this will be revealed eventually
  4. Updated the speed attack values and flow
  5. Updated the speed attack detection code
  6. Updated the regular attack range, and also found a way to optimize it better

Also just a system review, I can currently still run Sol at 60 FPS on my PC, only dropping down when first loaded in (this tends to happen after any game loads in - Flowlab or not) to around 45 FPS. I’ve also tested it on a 5 year old lap top several times this past week, which still stuck around 60 FPS, although would sometimes drop to 59 FPS when there is both slide particles and run particles. I plan to have the particles be toned down in the settings of the game.

That’s all for now, just know in it’s current stay, 100% of you guys should be able to still play it unless you’ve got an absolute unit of a potato XD

Stay tuned!!!:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice. Can’t wait until we actually get to play the game. That’s all anyone in flowlab does, anyways. We just sit and wait…

4 Likes

Honestly, speaking facts right there XD

4 Likes

Lots o' love
EVERYONE IS AWAKE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

3 Likes

As of today, the following has been implemented:

1. Better in-air combat
  2. Animation fixes
  3. Slide animation revamped
  4. Fixed some speed attack bugs
  5. Made a better air-dash cool down

Below, you’ll see a demonstration, although small, of the movement and wall jump along with it’s new animations and particles. Remember: This is still pre-alpha.
Enjoy:)

ezgif.com-gif-maker

NOTE: This GIF has much less frames than the actual game. Be advised, some animation frames may be left out.

8 Likes

Gucci. Wait, no.

Grucci

4 Likes

I’m so stupid. I just realized that Sol is Sun.

10 Likes

You’re good bro XD it all ight

6 Likes

I knew that but I still don’t know why

4 Likes

NEW FREE SONG

Hello everyone! I made a new piece that is inspired by the classical piece called “Serenade” by Franz Schubert, but with a more dramatic tone. Here it is, free to use:

“I Can’t Move”

Enjoy:)

2 Likes

That Bandicam watermark tho
Seriously though, good work, I can see that there was a lot of effort put into this. This is still the only gameplay footage I’ve seen and might actually be the only gameplay footage out there

1 Like

Yeah, ikr lol
And thanks! As far as I remember this is the only recorded footage. There is some concept cutscenes and animations that I posted before, though.

1 Like

Currently testing out the new shaders… This will make some things 10x easier, and they look great!

Thanks @grazer !

7 Likes

Currently adding shaders and more sound FX! Going to bring more life into the game. I’m also going to be implementing the screen shake and dialogue systems soon, so keep an eye out for those:)

6 Likes

SOL - PRE-ALPHA 0.1 INFORMATION

This is not an update - I’ve actually been off of making any updates for a couple days now since I’m a bit busy, but I should be getting back on it soon. However, I think it’d be decent to unveil some more information about the actual game, not just the enhancements and inner workings.

From what I am letting myself tell you today, it is still heavily inspired by a metroid type style and exploration (ie. finding new powers, resources, currency, lore, etc.), and will have a larger world. That being, there is going to be checkpoints, or save “trolleys” throughout the land that I’ve now named “Allegory”. The “Trolley System” is how you travel and set respawns throughout the game manually. When stumbling upon a trolley car, it is often broken down due to the circumstances that was bestowed on the land. So it’ll be up to you to clear up any nuisance vegetation and debris, as well having to do some mini games to get the trolley back up an running.

Along with the trolley cars, there are also trolley stops. This is to add some differentiation to the save areas, and you just have to clear the debris. These will be placed in areas of the story were it’d be more common to be fast paced. Slow, non-combat areas will be much more likely to have an actual trolley car.

This is yet to be implemented, but I can’t wait to get to it!

4 Likes

That’s some dead-giveway lore if I’ve ever seen it.

3 Likes

Tis but a scratch (on the surface :smirk:)

5 Likes

Just changed SOL - Cancelled Version to be displayed on the game’s list, so now you can try it out and pick apart whenever you’d like! Here’s the link:

SOL - Cancelled Version

Remember: If you are using any of the presented flowcode, be sure to understand how it works first:)

6 Likes

Spent a decent amount of time today sifting through stuff to make it simple and easily adjustable for the future with the new update:

1. Added a dialogue box.
  2. Made a pretty snazzy looking intro for each time the box pops up. Really happy with it:)
  3. Made the box pop up more efficient - don’t have to connect another wire to the bundle each time another dialogue instance happens.
  4. Dialogue is functional, and wrote some existential stuff in it.
  5. Added fitting sound FX.
  6. Fixed an issue of repeating sound FX with the dialogue box.
  7. The player object stops moving when opening the dialogue box, and resumes when closing.
  8. Removed the up dash code - it’d probably cause some issues, and honestly just wasn’t useful. Down dash is still included.
  9. Added screen shake.
  10. Down dash/slam has screen shake.
  11. Added better outer barriers for screenshake.
  12. Readjusted test room for more “stuff”.

Hopefully more today? Thanks for tuning in!

5 Likes

Woooh, just realized - 800 comments!

Probably just a bunch of update logs, but seeing that people are still hearting posts is a good sign:)
Anyways, just made it so there can be multiple dialogue sessions capable - so just about everything in the dialogue system is working! Just need to add names and FX!

4 Likes