Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

NEW FREE TRACK - “Damp Leaves in Fall”

Kind of experimental, tested and played around with the instruments a lot in this one. Was pretty fun to do, but I think there is room for improvement:)

“Damp Leaves in Fall” (FREE; Cinematic; Slow; Melancholic)

Cheers!

6 Likes

NEW FREE TRACK - “Cold to the Touch”

One of the tests for SOL (might still be used, but still for free use). Had fun with the organ pieces:D

“Cold to the Touch” (FREE; Organ; Atmospheric; Cinematic)

Cheers!!!

7 Likes

NEW FREE TRACK - “Run”

Very short incidental music, for a chase or something of the sort. Maybe even a dramatic reveal cutscene? Only used drums on this one to experiment with some stuff:D

“Run” (FREE; Drums; Loud; Dramatic)

Cheers!

10 Likes

NEW FREE TRACK - “Life is Hard”

Was a ton of fun to make this one. Pretty happy with it, especially the ending. To remind you of that nostalgic breeze that left faster than it came.

“Life is Hard” (FREE; Cinematic; Melancholic; Nostalgia)

Cheers!

EDIT: Version 2 without the antagonist part in the middle: JummBox

9 Likes

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT - STAY TUNED

Hello! Thought I would provide a small, forum-exclusive update on my current status and where SOL is sitting right now. Firstly, SOL is still being developed on Flowlab. There was some consideration to moving the project to Unity, but it seems best to continue SOL on Flowlab, and start developing future projects (such as A-Box ReImagined ) on Unity.

A-Box ReImagined (which is a long ways away - currently concept phase) will be used as a learning experience to eventually start developing bigger games with Unity. Will SOL be eventually be remade on Unity? Maybe. Not sure. Once I find out that I can use Unity and do all that I need to with it for such a project like a Unity port of SOL, then maybe.

Production for SOL will be increasing once college wraps up this semester and I get my job set up for this summer. I will be going to online classes instead of on-campus classes this coming year, which may prove to show more productiveness even in the fall-spring time.

For this summer, here are the definite things planned:

1. At least 1 new SOL development video, starting work on the intro cutscene, finishing up player mechanics, and starting work on the intro level.
  2. Publish at least 1 more free music album: HEARTBEAT.
  3. More content for YouTube. This area has the most exposure out of all of my content outlets, so focusing on this should help get more eyes on this project and future projects.

This is a year-long goal, not super definite this will happen, but an aim for the end of 2023:

1. Demo!

The current plan for the demo of SOL will be what follows:

1. Intro cutscene
  2. Intro level
  3. At least half of Chapter One
  4. Around 3-4 environment sections
  5. Ends with the first boss fight of the game (linear).

To say the least, we can infer that I will be trying to get a lot of this done in 2023. This will be a ton of work, especially with the enemies and different environment areas (TunnelWay, Outskirts, Cabin, Bridge). Plus, knowing me, I like sticking to areas and adding as much detail as I can, like particles and animations and stuff. I’ll try to pace myself more for this summer, though.

Anyways, more updates in hopefully around 3-4 weeks.

Cheers!

11 Likes

This sounds amazing! :star_struck: I listened to it around 8 times :smile:

3 Likes

Hello.
I am back home…?

9 Likes

Hi

1 Like

no… this is not your home…
not since the war started.

SOL - GAMEPLAY AND CUTSCENE UPDATE

Hello! It has been quite a while since I’ve done a proper update for SOL (the last one was in April :grimacing:), but here we have a fairly packed one in terms of work.

1. Started work on the speed attack. The player movement is 100% functional, will just need to start work on enemy and player damage and health systems.
  2. Rebuilt the air dash system to be more accurate with varying computers, using similar functions to the speed attack.
  3. Continued working on the organ wide-shot scene, and started adding more detail and the character playing the organ. Next steps: animation and implementation. Here is a preview:

Still needs a little more polish on the base level for things like lighting on the character, but it is almost finished.

More updates coming! Cheers!!!

16 Likes

YOOOO, just saw this great art! :star_struck:

6 Likes

SOL - CUTSCENE UPDATE

Just finishing up stuff and completed the animation for the organ wide shot. Should be only 3-4 more shots left for the intro cutscene.

1. Developed and polished wide shot animation.
  2. Start scene implementation into the game. Will need to put the two present scenes together in the same level as the next part of the update.

I’ll also need to start working on some music that plays in sync with the cutscenes. More updates later!

Stay tuned!

OrganWideShot_animated
no background for cutscene implementation purposes

11 Likes

who is the carather playing the organ?
when i see this
it reminds me of this
its a object from the canceled veirson labled SOL cose up
but notice this
theres a pipe on sols shoulder, however
you see, the organ player has no such pipe, so if sol isnt the organ player who is sol?
now look at the protaganist shoulder… do you see it?
there it is, the pipe!
so its comfirmed we play as SOL.
but then whos playing the organ?
i still dont know. i did some digging and found nothing,
but we now know we play as sol
and we know sol isnt the one playing the organ

6 Likes

what if… it is but they forgot a tiny detail?

5 Likes

To clear this up - the character playing the organ is not SOL. You do play as SOL do, and he does have a pipe attached to the back of his character, even in the new versions. This new character has no pipe, has a shorter drape, and also has arms (which SOL does not).

Also, those are some pretty old images lol besides the organ shot, none of them will be showing up in this current version of the game.

5 Likes

that could be true but…
notice that sol has a long cloak down to his ankle, the organ however has his hood go only down to his knees

3 Likes

noice, so i was right?
well im gonna search this forum until i find more info

3 Likes

I’ll also let you know this a new character I haven’t talked about before on this thread, or anywhere else really lol

1 Like

hey im making a new theory, so stay tuned

2 Likes

when i saw this i knew i reconized it!

this is a image from the demo, its called “cutscene 1” in the new post its called mind clock, ill look into it more

5 Likes