Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

OH! here this is called “before jump cut”
before JUMP cut

4 Likes

Nice finds lol

Honestly forgot I left those in there. Those are some old cutscene that would have been for the intro. Some things are the same, but some are different, like SOL being up in the Mind Clock. He is now going to start in the Tunnelways, outside the outskirts of Allegory…

4 Likes

does sol jump out the clock tower

4 Likes

In the original script, yes. In the latest screenplay (as you have shown), he does not jump out of the Mind Clock - at least, not at the beginning of the game anymore.

Also…

SOL - SMALL ABILITY UPDATE

1. Fixed some collision issues with the speed attack and the air dash. Now interacts correctly with ground and door objects.
  2. Added visual and sound FX for the speed attack.

Nothing more than this, just a small update that I wanted to do:D

Cheers!

7 Likes

HEARTBEAT ALBUM COVERS - IN DEVELOPMENT

Been a while since I posted an album - so I am finally doing the album covers for HEARTBEAT! Here is the first cover for the track, “Incipiam”:

More to come, as well as the videos! Cheers!!!

NOTE: Videos will be posted on my YouTube, here!

15 Likes

Hey. I’m not dead. If you were wondering lol

Just got carried away with other stuff. Working on some more story details for SOL to solidify more things.

Also hoping to finish up the album covers sometime, maybe tomorrow. I want to post the new album soon, and it has been a while since I did anything with my YouTube. So, more to come:D

10 Likes

Couple of covers done so far today:

Distortion Symphony

March Intro Madness

Just a couple more. Cheers!

14 Likes

okay but when that sol ost drop?

2 Likes

Pre-Alpha soundtrack is already out. Haven’t made any new pieces for it in a while mainly because I need all the stuff in place to see what I will need to make first.

Already have some concepts, but nothing to show… Yet:D

3 Likes

hey, hsve you heard of isleward

sorry man, but this isn’t the right topic

1 Like

@paisleypug
what about you?

HEARTBEAT - OUT TOMORROW!

Took me a bit… But I am finally getting the HEARTBEAT album out! You will be able to find it on my YouTube channel, premiering @ 10am EDT there!

Here is the link for when it goes live:

YouTube

Cheers! :fire:

12 Likes

This looks incredible, it really reminds me of Blasphemous

5 Likes

Yeah, except less realistic

2 Likes

Thank you! Blasphemous has been a big inspiration when it comes to the art, more specifically the environments and animation. Glad it is coming through lol

3 Likes

HEARTBEAT - OUT NOW! :heart:

HEARTBEAT is OUT NOW! You can check out the full ROYALTY FREE playlist through the link! :fire:

YouTube

Cheers!

8 Likes

SOL - MINOR UPDATE

Just mostly some fixes:

1. Fixes speed attack collisions into walls (I’m 98% certain it works this time)
  2. Started work with better collisions with the door obstacle (the hitboxes seem to like to ignore it…)
  3. Started work on a basic combo system

I have a lot planned to work on for this coming month. I’m hoping to get an update video posted every month from now on, but I’ll be making a more official announcement later for that. Got a proper Trello set up so I can organize updates better.

Also finished up on how the game progresses level-wise. Surprised I didn’t think of it sooner. Also will be sharing this later, but I am happy with where it is so far and the game is starting to feel more tangible. More to come.

Cheers!

7 Likes

SOL - COMBO UPDATE

Mostly focused on the combo system and its animation. Has a lot of work to do. The animations in SOL have been a real issue, not entirely sure why. Has been like this for a while, but have been finding work-arounds for most issues.

You’ll see that with these notes:

1. Rebuilt idle animation system
  2. Rebuilt base attack animation system (several times)
  3. Rebuilt systems work together properly, more streamlined.
  4. Adjusted cooldown for attacks.
  5. Made the next combo animation (upscaled):

Play_Attack2Upscale

Having this many frames makes me think I’ll have to go back and work on the first one again lol, but we’ll see:D
Really happy with the look of this animation though.

Hopefully I can get this all working smoothly soon!

Cheers!

7 Likes

SOL - BIG COMBAT AND ANIMATION UPDATE:D

Ohhh boy. This one took forever. Just on this NOT FINISHED combat system, took about 5 hours. Not including the previous animation you see above. Got currently 2 animations going in the combo right now, aiming for 3 for now.

Some minor fixes here and there as well.

1. Made second animation based off of the OG attack animation (the ground hit lol), which follows the animation you see above.

Play_CombAttk1
Play_CombAttk2

1. Spent ~4 hours just on the animation system alone. Went through several versions of it, but found the perfect fit for it. Will need some tweaking, but I am just so happy it works. The system basically works like this:

• Each animation is split into 2 pieces - the attack, and the animation going back to idle.
    • Clicking once, the animation plays like this: the attack, then going back to idle.
    • Clicking more than once (in this example, twice), it will do this: the attack, skips the return to idle, plays the second attack move, and then the second’s return to idle.

This will be how it works for the third one as well. It took so long due to the idle animation overriding things for reasons I could not find, but I found a way to have them work together peacefully lol

1. Reworked idle animation system. This is a given seeing what I said before.
  2. Re-added old and added new special FX and sound FX to the combo animations.
  3. Some animation tweaks afterwards.
  4. Adjusted and reworked footstep sounds - were acting weird for some reason.
  5. Added a pause after the first attack to give more time to activate the combo.

It was a lot of work lol but I’m happy it paid off. You can see a preview of the game combat, a 14 second piece of video showing the combo (or, what there is of it) on my Discord - also a lot of other updates and insight go into there.

So, next step - make the last animation, implement it, and polish it. After that, looks like it is time to make an actual damage system:D

Cheers!!!

11 Likes