Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

That’s what I’m going for with my game too. Except it’s more open-ended but in a small area

1 Like

Ay, like the new profile pic @F3Art! Can’t wait for August Silence, ngl

2 Likes

NEW UPDATE! - SMOOTHER MOVEMENT

One thing I’ve been meaning to implement was smoother navigation of the environment. Although I may add more features later for this smoother movement stuff, I’ve currently made it so that when a certain raycast is hit off the character, their friction is zero. This means the player shouldn’t just bounce off the wall if they are halfway up a block. It kind of just pushes the player up enough to reach their goal, and also the same way when going down.

With this, I managed to fix an air dashing issue, where if you held down an arrow key while dashing, it would actually slow you down. So, how I fixed it? Well, now the arrow keys just don’t do anything while you’re dashing (except for down arrow, so you can “down dash” for certain platforming areas).

Finally, another addition for air dashing. While holding down a movement key (left or right) while about to dash off a platform, it gives a “lift off boost” sort of thing, reaching farther distances. This can be a good think, but also a hinderance in some occasions - so be ready to “down dash” when needed;D

Thanks for checking in! Keep an eye out for any more updates! :smiley:

5 Likes

DEMO HAS STARTED PRODUCTION!

The thing I’ve meant to start this Christmas break is now finally happening. That does not mean all of the core systems are done, but it does mean that I’m starting work on level design concepts that may or may not change over time. Also note not near enough of the sprites and animations are finished either for a complete start up for the demo (since it is supposed to be the intro tutorial of the main game - which may or may not change at release as well). Right now, it’s mainly just brainstorming, but just know legit production has started, and will continue.

Keep an eye out for future updates!

6 Likes

Can’t wait to try the demo one day!

1 Like

Everyone, go an play @Greggo’s game, its super fun!!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the shout out @rcreger!!! I’m so glad you like the game!!

4 Likes

Just FYI, I’m still figuring stuff out for Sol, but doing the FlowJam has also taken a little chunk of time. So updates will be a little be more scarce, but just no stuff is being done behind the scenes:)

2 Likes

When is Sol going to be released? (The teasers look amazing!)

2 Likes

It’s currently set for 2023, with a demo set for this Summer.

2 Likes

2099- Kaizo Sol
3000- Sol Spin-Off Prequal
3001- Smash Bro’s invitation

2 Likes

Alright, here comes another…

SOL THREAD MILESTONE PASSED!

It’s crazy, right? You guys are great. As of today (cough cough my birthday, actually), we’ve garnered up 4.0k views, 1.4k likes, and over 600 comments… This thread started in the middle of September! That’s crazy, and I’m very thankful. Here’s to another month!

7 Likes

woo hoo!!

2 Likes

Congratulations, and happy birthday @rcreger!

7 Likes

Thank you @MetaNinja!

6 Likes

Happy birthday, and congratulations, @rcreger! Never fail to impress me with your work :smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t know it was your birthday, I’m pretty bad at remembering these type of things, I’ll add that to my calendar now, lol. Anyway happy birthday man.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me do my first flag, man. Quit before you get into more trouble.

5 Likes

Thank god the spam has stopped i reported it to @grazer on discord

Happy birthday @rcreger! It’s good to know this forum is getting the recognition it deserves!

3 Likes