Post-FlowJam BOOSTER Giveaway (FREE Indie)

Yo, I gotta say, thanks @BradenS for doing this. I joined during the September of 2022 being easily the most ignorant flowlab user ever, but you were there as a friend during it all, I remember the remixes and looking through all your games and thinking: " I will never be there" but this makes it one step closer and I know it couldnt be easy spending the money, but I truly appreciate this :blush:
And from the start till now, I have gotten better and better, and I will keep improving… :+1:

7 Likes

@CodeAlpaca I got a question! for the 3D effect game can I copy the code and add it to my game exactly how you got it to test the waters and see if I can do adjustments to it?

2 Likes

Having Indie vs free user looks the same either way. Also, congrats Hong_Jooni_Pooni! You’ve definitely improved a ton and I’m excited to see what you’ll do next!
Something to remember about having indie, even though you can make a lot of games, stick to 1 and actually finish it. That’s something that makes a lot of indie users not have finished games because they keep making new ones

4 Likes

Sure, thing. It’s not perfect though, but feel free to experiment with it

2 Likes

Thanks! If I need any help from people, I know best I will Dm you with the information I have gathered or anything else such as help involved (watch me experiment for an hour then call for help lol)!

1 Like

hehe, I have that new game shiny problem already

2 Likes

Lol!

lol, look at the first post (I made), the desperation, this thread has been really active! 750 posts!

1 Like

what happened to @Qwen and @paisleypug thought they were participating

1 Like

ggs, had a good time making Bloodlust, definitely surprised myself without indie

3 Likes

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni Puginarug said he quit because of some issues in real life that’s happening, but @Qwen We were supposed to epicaly duel!!

At least we all have had fun doing this, I wouldn’t have met any of you people and we wouldn’t of had this amazing and great time together.Thank you @BradenS for the adventure!

3 Likes

exactly why you don’t do a user voting system

1 Like

Why?
what for?
ConfusedHuhGIF

2 Likes

because im sick of user voting systems

1 Like

The community may have biased views altogether based on their similar experiences with flowlab, but it’s better than a single user rating your game since if one person didn’t like your game, you would have gotten a much lower score versus what you had.

With a variety of users voting on different games, it allows for a diverse and yet accurate response to the games.

4 Likes

like i dont care that i got 1st its how i got 4th that makes me pissed because the other games didnt even relate to the theme at all and i actually spent like forever working on a system the no one on here could possibly make with thier knowledge

not at all because for one people are going to give themselves the highest level. for two every one hates me if not most. and for 3 half the users don’t know a good game if they played one.

i think a fair spot for me would have been 3rd

I don’t think the users were allowed to rate their own games.

If it’s reputation then I must say that shouldn’t be held against you, but I wouldn’t be surprised if people don’t favor your opinion because of your additive towards theirs. By claiming how inaccurate the results are you are basically claiming yourself to have the best game overall which isn’t a great way to congratulate everyone who participated. We are all human and regardless of what people think, you all are winners for growing in knowledge and skills during the jam.

Plus your behavior in the past isn’t something to strike as friendly, so if people start attacking your games because of your profile, I wouldn’t be surprised. I feel they are no better than you for doing so, but it’s not a rare thing to see. I honestly don’t think it would be your reputation that would displace you below them, that could just be yourself imaging.

5 Likes