Post-FlowJam BOOSTER Giveaway (FREE Indie)

Plus, be a little grateful.
I forgot to vote at all, so if I had my vote, my game would have probably risen up closer to the top.

2 Likes

I would love to host my own game jam, but I sadly don’t have anything to give as a prize. I would give indie, but I’m struggling financially, lol.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing anything crazy you made. I’m 100% sure Galactian could make it and I’m 80% sure some of the other people also could.

2 Likes

Congrats @Hong_Jooni_Pooni you beat me fair and square, nuff said

3 Likes

You complained about the Flowjam results and now these results.

A community-based vote can actually give a pretty decent average, and as Maniac said is better than a single person rating the games. Remember that the rating is based on 4 categories.

1. Theme
  2. Art
  3. Creativity
  4. Gameplay

You can’t just say “I fit [X] category better >:(”. You need to compare yourself in every category.
Shattering Steel is a great game, but if it had terrible art it would have never won the Flowjam. If it was buggy and the character felt bad to control it would have never won.
In game development in general you need to find a balance between everything and not focus too much on 1 or 2 elements of the game.

(Talking to kiwi, the placement of the replies may seem like I’m saying this to MoneyPenny)

5 Likes

There‘s so many things i could add to this, life lessons, big quotes from rock movies that all go in the same direction and about not taking it too personal, but in the end, we live and we learn.
I wish you kiwi all the best and i have absolutely nothing against you.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Same along with me KiwiLeaf_entertainment

1 Like

IThinkWeAllWonWeWonGIF

1 Like

Rip Bozo :clown_face: Stay mad :clown_face:

1 Like

You’re right, let’s turn to a dictatorship where there’s only 1 vote and nobody plays the video games.

4 Likes

Bro it was a game jam :skull:

5 Likes

Why are you so pissed? Most of the people competing were competing because they wanted Indie you already have it. I really don’t understand the problem? Also dude I voted on everyone’s game with the same thoughts not about whether or not I like the person…

6 Likes

@DinoDev I need some help on something I am trying to achieve I will send you a Dm when I can about it.

2 Likes

I voted on the games as well, and I have to say snek was underwhelming, especially the art and theme. It probably had the best gameplay, but was the simplest out of all the games. I would argue that frogspawn, the bomb, and bloodlust all have more fun gameplay and better theming in this jam.

6 Likes

I think this topic is finished what is said is said, lets forget this and move on to better futures.
:innocent:

I am very proud of you all. You guys worked so hard and each of you deserve a prize in my book. :trophy:

P.s. I would have won if I had enough time. :blush:

Here’s what I was working on if any of you want to see it. My idea was much more time consuming that what I thought.

8 Likes

Very Awesome Stuff you have there!

1 Like

By chance, I needed a AI for my horror game.So thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much, also @Truce2017 the AI I was working on is specifically for team based games with incapacitation included. I will post the google doc with the organized notes for the game.

2 Likes

My original AI is used for top-down games, so the original code ruined the final chase scene.lol.

2 Likes