Post-FlowJam BOOSTER Giveaway (FREE Indie)

Time to delete the first game i have ever created to be able to make a new one XD

4 Likes

This game subject reminds me of the game “Don’t Starve Together”

2 Likes

@BradenS hmmmmmmmm, I wonder where this is from

2 Likes

i have an idea

1 Like

@BradenS are you allowed to ask for help to people who know more than you for this project?

3 Likes

Yeah no problem, just credit people if you use an example.

2 Likes

you should totally ask me for help because im bored and would help you with anything

2 Likes

I don’t know if you can help me on what I am asking, but I need help with making a 3D camera circling the player while the screen is moving.

2 Likes

what do you mean 3d camera

1 Like

Your character is not 2D its a 3D game where you can walk around and not have your camera stuck in one locked screen.

1 Like

are you talking about topdown but the camera rotates with your character?

1 Like

just expand the camera boundaries, and make the camera autoscroll.

1 Like

Idk what you’re talking about :confused: do you or can you show me what it is?

1 Like

The goal is a 3D Environment where you can go up, down, left, and right like super Mario 64 kind of.

So do you want to do what JR did? I know somewhat what the process of that was, but doing it right would be pretty hard and I wouldn’t recommend it.
Do you mean sprite stacking or like what pokemon did where there are different “layers”?

1 Like

for one whatever your thinking about 3d it cant be possible in flowlab since it is only a 2d editor. Topdown is where you character is at a birds eye view or your looking directly down on the character. So you move left right down and up. The camera would rotate with the character in the forwards direction making the character always look forwards or at the top of your screen but every thing else around the characters moves

1 Like

So do you mean topdown

1 Like

If you’re talking about the right guy, I think it is correct it’s the first game on the page I played it really quick, and I was amazed about the 3D and I have 2 weeks so it’s worth a shot.

1 Like

No, it’s not what I meant. Topdown could be my last resort plain if all doesn’t go well.

So he’s the first person to do that, and it’s really complicated (I think?). Even if I could reproduce the effect in a short amount of time, I’m not sure I could do it with the same performance. But, if you really want to try it I’ll tell you what I know about it.

1 Like