Potential flowlab GOTY voting event

I think Sup3r87 is in charge.

1 Like

Yeah, I think so too. I do wonder though how this will be organized and who else is participating :man_shrugging:

1 Like

no need to help. I’m fine running the event, especially since this upcoming week I will be at essentially negative levels of business. If everyone is cool with it, the first round of voting will start sometime
this saturday
, and continue for a few days before the second round starts.

6 Likes

Okay, that sounds cool. If possible though, I think the idea of a video for the Flowlab Game of the Year (FGOTY?) would be very exciting and feel more special than just a forum poll. Seeing all the games like that could even bring more users to Flowlab to make games after being inspired by all the really good ones in the video. But that’s just an idea, and it would have to come after the voting is done.

Sorry for rambling, I’m just so excited for this! Also I was inspired by your Flowjam livestreams and the hype and enthusiasm they generated. If everyone is cool with a video for this event, I’d like to collaborate with the organizer(s) to make it.

3 Likes

yeah, a video would definitely be a fun thing, but this is more of a small scale event; no prizes awarded, no board of voters, just (maybe) official recognition from grazer/pixelpizza .
by the way, sorry for not starting voting yet lol. I’ve got finals to do, but I’ll be actually (really) free tomorrow, and round 1 will probably start tonight if I can get through it.

5 Likes

You know, I should probably speedrun all these games anyways, so I could get some clips of the games and put a video together myself (just a simple ranking of 19-1, the scores they got, and the developer). However, maybe not because it’d be nice to have the sounds of the game with the clips rather than just some music. But if I did make it, would kind of go along with my goal of documenting a bunch of Flowlab games (typically in the form of speedruns)

4 Likes

Is Pixel Pizza second in rank to Grazer? -Because there two others of the same rank on the Forums (As Samuel).

PixelPizza has done some of the art for a while for Flowlab I believe, but more recently he does all the awesome social media posts.

5 Likes

Pizza has also made sketches and mockups of the UI layouts for a lot of flowlab’s interfaces, most notably the pixel art editor.

6 Likes