Pottery Ninja needs play testers

Don’t denounce the ninja’s mad skills. The ninja could also flip after the second attack instead of the first because I’ve seen countless fighters attack facing away from their target and then face them.

3 Likes

I think they were editing the game and accidentally removed the player object or had it temporarily removed for something.

3 Likes

I’d say the main reason it looks off for me is because the background is done in a different art style from the game area, so it looks jarring

1 Like

also i think you should use use velocity for the jump instead of an impulse

1 Like

i like it since it stands out from the foreground so you never confuse the background for the foreground

2 Likes

Yeah thats exactly why I made the background so minimal, because you art really supose to be paying attention to it its just there to give the game a little more pizazz. If it had lots of detail it would stand out to much.

1 Like

Also yes I definitely will be updating the movment now that you saif something. And I will also have the ninja flip towards the cursor. Also the coins are small because the game is actually supose to be played in fullscreen which makes it looks better anyway but also the coins are very clear to see.

Yes I will also probably do this. I also might add a dashing ability with a cooldown, what does everyone think of this?

1 Like

Yea, that’d be cool although you’d have to redesign the level to accommodate dashing

1 Like

alright every one I did some messing around and polished some things up, there still more to add but can you guys test to see what you think? @ManiacPumpkin @Galactian @DWGAMEMASTER @John_Shrekinson @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time @CodeAlpaca

2 Likes

Ninja doesn’t move at all anymore

1 Like

yeah refresh I just had that issue I had to replace the ninja

2 Likes

press E for fullscreen

1 Like

I’m also going to add different modes aside from the story mode. My ideas so far is the infinite runner and the survival modes. Basically the infinite runner explains itself. The survival mode however will be a round based wave mode with a different abilities that will be given to you for that round. Like one round dash will be given to your or the next round double jump will be given. The weapons will also be randomized like the abilities as well, there will also be bosses after so many rounds. The survival will probably be endless and have a time score like the infinite runner.

3 Likes

Very cool game! It has so much potential! I came up with the idea of making a ninja platformer myself. I was gonna name it Shino and the Kalos Flower, but I kind of got lazy with the art and put it off indefinitely.

1 Like

I’ll say that the movement feels more polished and natural, the height you get from the double jump being reduced makes it so certain areas can only be reached via backtracking, which I personally think adds a nice bit of exploration to the level design

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, you should continue the game I would like to see it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly what I was going for I’m glad you noticed that.

I need to by indie so I can increase the game’s frame rate so it looks smoother in full screen

but I think you should add more reasons to explore and observe the level other than becoming rich

1 Like