Pug's 100% Honest Reviews

Hello, I’ve decided to make a new review topic, i will not sugarcoat my thoughts about your game, here’s the format for reviews:
Gameplay:
I’ll rate how fun the gameplay is from 0-100%
Art:
I’ll rate how visually appealing the art is from 0-100%
SFX:
I’ll rate how well the sound effects fit the game and sound from 0-100%
Music:
I’ll rate how good the music sounds and if it fits the game from 0-100%
Overall:
This is my overall rating for your game from 0-100%

that’s all, feel free to submit your game, I’ll be reviewing every game as fast as I can

4 Likes

Simple Game:

CubeTales 3, submitted by @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time

Gameplay:
The platforming mechanics are quite enjoyable, i especially like the double jump. I’d recommend making the enemies flash white when damaged. The levels feel a bit aimless. 55%
Art:
Cuby’s art and animations look great apart from the rounded eyes, the terrain feels way too scribbly and a lot of the animations are way too smooth, the enemies should stand out from the environment more, maybe give them and cuby an outline. 67%
SFX:
You should find some shorter, higher quality sounds and try to have all the sounds be of similar volume, currently all the sounds feel like they’re each from a different game. 45%
Music:
The music pretty fine, it should be a bit more intense though. 78%
Overall:
The game is pretty decent, it has a fair amount of bugs such as the player not attacking the right way, i’d also appreciate the pits not being an instakill and instead sending you back to the last ground you were standing on, the player should also be temporarily invincible right after ground pounding. 60%

2 Likes

This is something I’ve heard others say as well, but I’m not really sure how to make the levels feel like they have purpose in the story. Would more dialogue between characters help?

2 Likes

Bullet Heaven H A R D C O R E(BIG HARD COWBOYS THRUSTING) submitted by @DeadlyGumChewer

Gameplay:
The gameplay is below average, the game desperately needs game feel(particles, screenshake, etc.) 45%
Art:
There is no passion, there is no love, there is no nothing. 15%
SFX:
0%
Music:
0%
Overall:
The game isn’t especially fun, it’s slightly fun trying to get a high score but the gameplay loop is too repetitive, the art is boring and the bullets really need some shading. 30%

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: What’s that supposed to mean

3 Likes

Here is my game (It’s not finshed and has a bug)

Yes. That, and increase the urgency. Or perhaps you could change the whole story, like with one of my ridiculous Gamougg-style plots (with memes removed) and your deeper, more thought out, morally ambiguous characters, we could make something amazing.

1 Like

Hey pug, mind writing a review for galacdrive? It’s pretty much on the launchpad at this point but I still wanna learn about any insights you may have. Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jerridson the Wizard, submitted by @Jefferson-Bobby

Gameplay:
The gameplay is pretty boring, you just endlessly hold space, the enemies are pretty boring too, maybe add an overheat mechanic to the attack. 54%
Art:
The art is pretty nice, i like the attack visuals, you should add shading to the sprites. 67%
SFX:
0%
Music:
0%
Overall:
This game looks fairly promising, with a good amount of work i can see myself loving this game. 60%

3 Likes

GALACDRIVE, submitted by @sup3r87

Gameplay:
For what it is it’s great, i’ve said this 2 times already but it’d be nice if when you have a weapon equipped and touch another weapon you’d switch to that weapon instead of picking it up. 90%
Art:
I love the art, it’s amazing, the shading, the colours, the everything! 100%
SFX:
It does it job well, i like it. 80%
Music:
I LOVE THE MUSIC I NEED IT ON SPOTIFY PLEASE!!1!11111!1!!! 100%
Overall:
The game’s great, i will defo buy it when it releases. 90%

6 Likes

Can you play Ewarks? I know the rating won’t be good but I just want you to play so I can balance the game better

2 Likes

i’ll do it as fast as i can! i’m about to go to sleep tho

3 Likes

Ewarks, submitted by @Hong_Jooni_Pooni

Gameplay:
The gameplay is pretty fun, i think you should add more juice(screenshake, particles, etc) to the game since currently it feels a bit flat, i also encountered 2 pretty major bugs, the 1st is the upgrade select appearing and immediately disappearing without letting me chose an upgrade, the 2nd is that at a certain point in the game(i encountered this at level 19) your slashes just stop spawning, i also think you should give more of a reason to use the roly-poly. 67%
Art:
I like the style, i think adding some squash and stretch would really push it to the next level. 80%
SFX:
0%
Music:
0%
Overall:
The game’s quite good for a vampire survivors clone, with a good bit of polish i could see it getting featured. 70%

3 Likes

I am making a new game

1 Like

It’s Gamouggin’ time!

1 Like

This is a game

2 Likes

Yo can someone review my game slugs against Humanity Flowlab Game Creator - Slugs against Humanity

Early link to my new game