Questions for my game

so i want to make the background flash white, like there is lightning far away, an example I can think of is, if you’ve ever played Terraria during a thunderstorm event.

4 Likes

Make a user interface object called Flash. Make it 10x10 size, and make it completely white. In the code, make its alpha zero on start. Drag in a mailbox. Name it Flash. On the mailbox, have the alpha go to 100, and then set a timer to turn 0 again. Also, you can drag in a sound object to play a lightning strike sound.

3 Likes

alright, i did what you said, i added some timers for a random strike time, and it works perfectly!

4 Likes

Cool!
A couple things, though:

1. The character can move when waking up and dying. Please fix.
  2. Instead of a rain block that does an animation, create spawners in the sky that spawn rain particles that fall down. This might murder your framerate, though. Its best to give it a shot :slight_smile:
3 Likes

how would i fix the moving during waking up/dying animation?

2 Likes

Switches. On start, set the switch to move to OFF, then when the animation to wake up finishes, set the switch to ON. On death, set it to OFF.

2 Likes

Another tip: completely redesign the spiky creatures. These do not strike fear into my soul. They look like hedgehogs. You should make something broken and shambling, like an undead, or something relative to your shadow, which is actual well done.

3 Likes

yeah, they were pretty much placeholder enemies

3 Likes

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

i can do fear-striking >:)

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: :+1:
Noice. Good job, man.

2 Likes

Where tho???
all I see is these glitchy green things:

2 Likes

don’t worry, just tested that and fixed it lol :yellow_circle:
no animations yet it made it like 10 minutes ago

2 Likes

Also, do this:

And another cool idea: What if the zombies spawned in by lightning? When in view, the lightning does its animation, and then spawns the zombie :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

omg great idea!!!

1 Like

redesigned taco-looking enemy, more rotted than the first zombies

2 Likes

redesigned blue enemy, still fast, made it a baby because i was thinking of the fast baby zombies in Minecraft :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: it’s only 32x32, does it look ok or should i scale it up?

2 Likes

@hihilogic i saw you had the same problem with invisible objects, it’s doing it in my game :slightly_frowning_face: image

2 Likes

Stop the :billed_cap:

2 Likes

maybe it was someone else’s post idk

1 Like