Rigged Char & Advanced AI Example [AI COMPLETE]

Wait why did I never know of either of these games earlier?

4 Likes

Im so exited to see you on the forums, your a big inspiration of mine. Im so glad I found your video, its been such a fun project to work on. I also do have a question, how do you make it if you rotate the base of the character the limbs follow it. Like for example the slide mechanic that you made how do the limbs stay with the base when the character slides?

4 Likes

I feel like we should try hard and give them knee and elbow joints as well, that would look so realistic and cool

3 Likes

Will there be a storyline???
:thinking:
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

As of right now this is just a test, but once I get indie I will implement this mechanic into my original zombie game I was working on a year ago. I might also make a game similar to raze 3 because that was like one of my favorite games back in the good ol days

4 Likes

Good to know.

4 Likes

Update: Walk speed nerfed and by holding shift while walking you start to sprint

3 Likes

So the point that each limb rotates around is calculated using trigonometry.
For instance, to find the y coordinate for the player’s arms, you take the sine of the player’s rotation (you have to convert the rotation from degrees to radians), multiply that by however far from the player’s central coordinates you want the arms to be, and then add that to the player’s current y coordinate. (You can find all this in the “get player info” bundle in my game.) If that doesn’t make sense, I can make an example specifically for the rotation via trigonometry.
Regarding the elbows and knees, I agree, they would look awesome, but in order to practically implement them you end up having to flip the arm (using the “flip” behavior). And right now the way Flowlab flips objects (turning the hitbox upside down) makes wierd stuff happen with the object’s rotation, and more importantly, it messes with which side it will emit stuff from (it can make bullets emit from the back of the arm instead of the front). There are ways to get around this, but at any rate that’s why my game had straight arms to begin with. But feel free to make elbows and knees of course; I only mention this to warn you of a potential issue.

3 Likes

You could just use toggle

1 Like

Not sure what you mean?

2 Likes

Use toggle input instead of flip input that way (I think) it wont invert where your aiming is

1 Like

Oh, you mean the toggle input? I’m pretty sure that still turns the hitbox around

2 Likes

Oh ok

1 Like

However if you use emit with “angle is independent” checked then it should work fine. That does mean you’d have to extract the arm’s angle and constantly input it, but it should allow the flipping then. I probably should have mentioned that to begin with, sorry.

3 Likes

Do you have any projects your currently working on your thinking about?

3 Likes

I have tons, but I tend to work on them in pieces here and there
But yes, for example I’m working on a first person game, and a 3rd person game with rotatable camera views

3 Likes

Are you making the 3D game with Wolfenstein, sprite stacking, forced perspective, or something else?

3 Likes

Update: Movement is complete with shift sprinting and coyote time.

3 Likes

This will be known as a legend once it’s done. I’m betting my sister 50 dollars this.

2 Likes

Are you talking about my game/example. Also I hope your right because that would be great and we wouldn’t won’t you to loose 50 dollars LOL

1 Like