Robot Reboot - (Coming Soon)

For now, no. I currently have everything I need.

pixil-frame-0 (12)
pixil-frame-1 (7)
pixil-frame-2 (6)
pixil-frame-3 (3)
pixil-frame-4 (3)
pixil-frame-5 (1)

Text might be a little small, but that won’t be the case in-game.

So the introduction to the story that you see up there pretty much suggests that the player do the Scrap or Peace endings, however the player will later be encouraged to do the Mortality ending. The neutral and rogue endings are just teased through prophecies, etc.

One question: If the people want to stop the robots, why don’t they just wit it out until the robots kill all of each other? My reccommendation is have an iminent catastrophe befalling the new human colony.

Well @“meburningslime”, infected robots only attack other robots who haven’t been infected yet. Kind of like how zombies only kill the living but ignore each other. Even if they did wait it out, they might start to run out of supplies while out in space (which is going to be the catastrophe that you recommended). By the time they return to Earth, the planet may be crawling with killer robots, and make it too dangerous to return.

@Superstargames I thought you said they were in space for decades with advanced technology, why are they short on food?
And you said they destroy uninfected robots, which means only two or three would be left to deal with. Also, none of the robots feel bad for the humans? none?

Good question. I did say that they were in space for decades. The humans had decades-long supplies by the time they left. Eventually, they ran out. This is sort of the reason why, in the real world, it is taking so long to colonize Mars (along with the additional worries about temperature, distance, and weather). We may gather enough resources to last decades, but that won’t mean they will last forever.
Your second question is admittedly a bit more difficult to answer. Infected robots do attack and destroy uninfected robots, yes, but more than likely those uninfected robots would either hide or fight back. Remember that robots were manufactured for all kinds of purposes. That includes warfare and combat.
Now your third question about whether the robots feel bad for the humans. Again, that is difficult to explain. While humans have a sense or morality (telling what is right and what is wrong) and robots don’t, some robots wished that the humans had stayed on Earth. Also, there are some robots who are still loyal to humanity. So, technically, you are right, but there are still some “nice” robots.

So the robots werent programmed with the Three Rules of Robotics? I think this doctor is a phsycopath not a helper lol!
Why we can’t colonize mars is because of the gravity difference. All other reasons you lited are valid, but a human would die without 1G to keep their systems correctly functioning. Mars has a different G-force. If the millionz of robots are fighting the few infected ones, wouldn’t the infection stop in a few days? They can produce farms in space. In fact, it’s been done in models, simulations, and ob small-scale versions.

There is one way you could avoid all of the plot holes. Have the virus disable their morality subroutines!
Also, what about adapting? SCP 079 admitted that morality was a new step in efficiency.

Morality disabling sounds like it would work. Also, I didn’t even know that gravity difference was also a hazard! That’s interesting to learn.

Oh yeah, and the computer virus spread like wildfire, so it’s kind of the reverse of what you’re saying. It was actually millions of infected robots versus just thousands of uninfected robots.

Wouldnt a virus have to been made by someone? Who is that someone? And are the uninfected robots going to ally themselves with humans?
Will the robots develop a defense against the virus so they don’t all become infected (for storyline purposes)?

And I know, shameless plug, but wouldn’t the SCP Foundation work really well with this storyline? 079 could be a leader of the resistancd against the Virus, and their weapons and tools, such as SCP-714 would cover multiple plotholes.

Yes, all computer viruses, including the one in this game, have to be made by someone. I’m not sure if you saw, but in the list of locations that I provided earlier, there is a boss named “Virus Maker”. Nobody knows who they are, but they are responsible for the creation of the computer virus. I won’t go in depth about the Virus Maker as it might spoil the ending of the game.
Yes, the uninfected robots will ally themselves with humans, seeing as they cannot survive without them. However, that will only happen if you choose to head on with the Peace, Neutral, or Scrap paths.
Yes, the robots have made defenses against the virus, which is basically being in safe-zones where connection to other robots can only be achieved if done face-to-face rather than wirelessly (which is how the virus spreads, through wireless communication, as if they are emailing or texting each other the virus). These safe-zones are also where you will not encounter any hostile robots at all. In case you are wondering, S.A.M.I does not communicate wirelessly with other robots, granting him immunity against the virus.
No, I do not plan on including SCP into Robot Reboot.

RDA?
lol it’s basically SCP if you were wondering

And the concept of your game is solid, but I will be a Shad and poke holes in your story to refine it. For example, how do these “Safe Zones” work? And does the virus take over the CPU or just the autonomic functions? How come the robots don’t have firewalls for these things? And if they had the virus at the begging, for that’s what made them stop serving humans, then is the human’s rocket and AI secretly infected as a plot twist?

Some sort of Data-And-Lore Sidequest would fit perfectly into this game as well…

Safe-zones work by blocking connection from robots outside of the zone, as well as robots from the inside of the safe-zone. It is kind of like a blind spot for internet connection. That pretty much forces robots to talk to each other face-to-face if they want to communicate.
The computer virus takes over all functions of the robot. That includes CPU and autonomic functions. The robot will have no control over anything within themselves.
The robots have a firewall, but the computer virus is too advanced to be stopped by the firewall. In the real world, firewalls and malware prevention programs need regular updates to combat recent viruses, so that when a stronger computer virus comes by, they can fight it. Unfortunately for the robots in this game, nobody was around to update that firewall, so the robots became highly vulnerable to this new computer virus.
Actually, the computer virus came AFTER the humans fled. The human’s rocket and AI do not communicate with the viruses down in the Earth, so infection is highly unlikely. But the AI there is still vulnerable to another threat, one that I am not going to reveal due to spoilers.

Then how did the ethics program ever allow the robots to kill people? And firewalls have become extremely advanced over the past few years. Some firewalls jave autonomic generation sequences, which basically auto-generates new firewalls every time you get past one. This virus would have to be either anomalous in nature or have temporal qualities to get past it.

By the way, what are the weapons like at this time? I was picturing something like the mobile game War Robots, only about 1/10th the size.

Robots believed that humans were using them just for their own benefits. Thus, they revolted, and they didn’t do it through peaceful means. Kind of like how people would revolt against their governments if they believed that their rulers were cruel, or using them for their own benefits. Also, robots don’t have an ethics system like humans do, if any, which influenced their decision to attack humans only. The virus only added to that behavior, except that it extended that anger towards robots who had not been infected.

The weapons in this game grow stronger only if the player collects weapon upgrade items. Those upgrades only work for that level, and they will reset each time you leave. It is kind of simplistic.