Scoundrels and Meburningslime present: Dungeons of Dragonstein

Hello,
This is the first game which has been jointly released by myself and Scoundrels, an NFT roleplaying community that loves games. Like Dungeons amd Dragons? Roguelites? Roleplaying? Action fantasy? Well, this is the right place for you. I proudly present to you months of a development team’s hard work: Dungeons of Dragonstein!

Tell me if you find any bugs or glitches, as this is a demo. Thank you all!

6 Likes

nft :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Nice, but why does it have to be associated with NFTs :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

It was a marketing decision, the deal was I get funded and they get nft advertising

2 Likes

Ah okay, I still dislike NFTs :joy:

Question though, why not just put it on itch, newgrounds or a kickstarter?

2 Likes

Because I wanted to keep it free and we have a website for the game already.

1 Like

i don’t understand how putting it on itch or newgrounds wouldn’t allow you to keep it free

1 Like

Is there any gameplay feedback? It’s a really early demo so I’m expecting bugs.

1 Like

in terms of gameplay, it’s extremely shallow. the enemies do stupid amounts of damage, the attacks feel very weak and unimpactfull, you move painfully slow, the tiefling dies stupidly fast and the dwarf’s axe throw has no range and feels terrible to use and it lags horribly, in short the gameplay feels extremely bland, boring and just not fun, oh and the elf is stupidly slow

1 Like

The game does not work well, as do most flowlab games, when you are using low-end devices.

3 Likes

most flowlab games? nah, i can run 99% flowlab games, it’s the game that’s the problem

1 Like

So I experience absolutely no lag on my horrible Chromebook so that’s great.
Now a few things to improve:

1. The menu screen. Only part of it is filled which seems awkward. I would recommend finding some way to fill it completely.

2. The leaderboard shouldn’t be on screen like that, it should be in an actual leaderboard section. (The gold you collect should also not save between games, you should have to get further into the game to get more gold)

3. Some balancing needs to be done. The Elf is easily the best character, the dwarf is very very slow making it almost impossible to kill the skeleton and the dwarf has almost no range. the Tiefling is decent but Elf still feels better

4. The sprites need more consistency. The Tiefling for example has a lot of “detail” on its armor, but things like the Goblin are all 1 solid color for the armor. The home and full-screen buttons don’t match with the game at all. The character selection icons seem out of place, etc.

5. Make the background a different color. The grey is a bit confusing because it’s hard to tell the difference between the walls and it, at first I thought the game was a platformer. Changing the background to black or something like that would help a lot.

6. The enemy movement. When they are in line with you they shake. This is a problem with the basic follow bundle, I fixed this for someone else before. If you need I can find the post for you/just remake it.

7. Use assets that match. It looks like you may be using some sort of asset pack(?), if so the ones you picked don’t match. This is another part of Sprite consistency

I’m just naming stuff that needs to be improved not any of the things I like, like the blood effect.

Some of the things puginarug said are valid points, but it is rude to try and sound like a master when he’s not.

5 Likes

yea i agree with everything you said

1 Like

That might be on your end. I tried the game and I never experienced any lag.

5 Likes

Thank you for the information. I am working with two artists with slightly different art styles. All the graphic upgrades you are talking about I can improve. Only the skeleton should be shaking, and that’s a lot harder to fix than the basic pathfinding. You can take a look if you like.

The gold has to be saved in between runs for the purpose of the marketing tactic. It’s for a competition we’ll be hosting once a month. If you’re not interested at all in score you can always click tab.

No assets have been used, everything was made from scratch.

So lol… About the elf. I have had so many people tell me the dwarf is too oo and the elf needs buffed that I’ve kind of determined it’s balanced sin e everyone thinks every character is op.

The menu screen is filled… You just don’t have everything unlocked so it doesn’t show. Beat stage one to unlock the first secret.

3 Likes

By the menu screen not being filled I mean the picture you have in the back of the guy and dragon

3 Likes

wait a minute, the game isn’t laggy for me it just feels so painfully slow

1 Like

That’s actually next on our to do list, so got you covered. Thanks for the help!

4 Likes

What do you think gameplay wise? That was a lot of aesthetics that definitely need improved. Do you think there’s potential in the core? What should be changed there?

4 Likes

I could probably make this better now, but this is what I gave glitch in December to fix the enemy shaking when they reach the same X/Y position as the player

3 Likes