Scoundrels and Meburningslime present: Dungeons of Dragonstein

nft :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

yea, i think he said somewhere in the thread that it was to get funding and in turn promote nfts or something BUT now we have to ask the question of: WHY WAS HE INVOLVED WITH AN NFT GROUP IN THE FIRST PLACE??!?!?!??

2 Likes

Because I don’t hate people for a concept and I enjoy the friendly community.

4 Likes

fair enough, personally i wouldn’t want associate with them since nfts are objectively absolutely horrible for the environment and are a stupid concept in my opinion

3 Likes

:100: :handshake: :moyai:

2 Likes

This game is really fun! though getting trapped in a corner on the boss fight isnt as fun lol

1 Like

Thanks @PhantomWolfMoon! Yeah we’re working on making bosses different, I also don’t want to make it to where it crashes your computer lol.

1 Like

And NFTs are electronic pieces of data.

I do not hate people for investing into a stock.

If anyone has issues with NFTs, peacefully protest somewhere else. I will be reporting any more negative comments on nfts on this channel. I respect your opinions, but it is a financial investment that is created to serve a specific purpose. It is not bad for the environment, it is no worse for our economy than 99% of things the government does, and it is not an inherently evil concept. So please take your hate somewhere else. This is for game development and community creation. I literally made an entire off topic channel for this. Thank you.

6 Likes

I’m not entirely sure what NFTs exactly are except a digital token some people spend a ton of money on.

I don’t mind it exists, considering you can make thousands of dollars of a monkey, lol.

1 Like

Lol.

2 Likes

sorry not trying keep the nft talk going, but just wanted to clarify some things from my limited knowledge I have and about 1 hour of research. Also I would post this on the nft channel you made but I was unable to find it

NFTs are harmful to the environment just like many thing. They are not inherently harmful it’s because of the “minting” process that nfts go through. It is very complex math equations that they need specialized computers to do quickly and all those computers are connected. From my research it appears the nfts have produced roughly 325 million kg of co2, that is about 57% of the carbon transportation produces a year.

As an investment nfts are unpredictable, even though the same can be said for the stock market, stocks do follow trends and are not random. nfts can be worth nothing or millions because of no logical reason, what is the reason for a purple giraffe to be worth millions and a green giraffe to only be worth $10? Unlike stocks you are not investing in a company, you’re investing in a picture that has no real world value. A proper investment would be stocks, gold, or housing because those things are proven to be good investment through decades of research.

So what I’m trying to do is show the anti nft point of view so it’s not viewed as something that hates nfts for no reason. The flowlab community general sees it with a negative attitude because you could screenshot the image and just have it on your phone, they see no real value in it, all it is a photograph that takes way more data and harms the environment. But if people are really concerned about the environment they should care more about farm animals which produce crazy amounts of co2 and takes a ton of land

6 Likes

yea, farm animals are fairly bad for the environment, although they serve much more of a purpose than nfts that being food, so farm animals have a much more important reason for existing while the world would definitely be way better of without nfts, although i still agree that farm animals are pretty bad for the environment

3 Likes

Issue with livestock is that companies overproduce — anyways, best to keep this topic specific to the game from now on. Good luck with the development @meburningslime!

3 Likes

another big reason of why i hate nfts is the fact that people in the nft(and crypto community) often act very bigoted saying things like: “nfts are the future of gaming” and “crypto should be the new main currency”(which is honestly extremely dumb since using crypto as money would be basically like using stocks as money) although there are definitely are a good amount of people who don’t act stupid

2 Likes

Meburningslime is the map on the loading screen the actual layout of the game world?

4 Likes

Also, I just passed the first level so here are some things I noticed.

1. My coins are reset from the last time I was on, using a save behavior would fix this. (A Save behavior could be edited to get a fake score on the leaderboard, so if you look at Galactians Wordle post, I posted a way to use the Cloud behavior as a Save, meaning it can’t be edited and only takes 3 seconds to load.

2. Tengu has nice movement, but his range is pretty low, I think if he had a sort of arc attack (looks like a sword slash) with a bit farther range he would be pretty decent.

3. After you beat level 1 and die on level 2, you restart back onto level 1

4. My health says 0 until I am hit.

5. blood particles start when you pick up a potion

6. I’m actually starting to enjoy dungeon exploration

7. Any key opens the door to the room with the ring and 3 potions

8. I like that the bosses change

2 Likes

This post will be shut down shortly.

@CodeAlpaca the OTC is muted by default due to a select few who insisted on it. Unmute it if you want to talk on it.
Everyone please do not post on this topic anymore. The development logs will be moved the the Scoundrels Discord. I’m sorry to bother you all with the game.

You don’t need to move the game to the discord. Personally, I don’t see how the game even relates to nfts besides working with people in the community there, and nothing is wrong with that. I’m sure everyone else will no longer talk about nfts on this topic because it seems to cause problems and I don’t think anyone wants our peaceful community to be filled with negativity. I know I did contribute to the nft talk, but I wanted to end it there and have this thread be a normal dev long. Once again, I apologize on behalf of the community and I hope this game continues development here.

4 Likes