⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

Here is my game jam game “Shattering Steel.” If you would like to play or rate it in the gamejam, it would mean a lot to me : )

I had assistance from @Mhx_Air for the awesome music, so big thanks to him for providing all of that work and effort, it makes the game 1000% better!

Otherwise, feel free to report any bugs, suggestions, or just comment to let me know you enjoyed it! The fact that others might be enjoying it really makes it all worthwhile.

Good luck, and happy jamming!

(Psst, down here! I’ll be posting development screenshots and such here later, so be sure to watch out for that! If you got this far be sure to include the word “cookie” with your comment to show you’re a real one :heart:)

12 Likes

Neato :slight_smile: (cookie)

3 Likes

Very nice (cookie)

2 Likes

this flowjam happened on the exact 2 weeks i was at vacation

4 Likes

I just finished buying the last of the weapons and boots and I can tell you that hover fan and nanites is the ultimate combo.

I think the best part of this game is the sense of progression. going from chainsaw to nanites is super engaging, and all weapons and boots are interesting and useful in different ways.

oh, and the music slaps too. feels very arena-y. a detail I really enjoyed is the bit of distortion on objects around fire. nice touch!

by far my favourite game from this jam. great job Recryptech!

5 Likes

well, since i could not participate all i could do now is sit back and wait till the winner is announced. wonder who it will be…

2 Likes

Also great game Recryptech! I’ll just have to get used to grinding on a Flowlab game…

3 Likes

I hope it’s not too grindy for you!

2 Likes

I’m curious… How many of you who have played my game have seen this object?

6 Likes

Hol’ up, is that morse code? It looks like morse code until further inspection and then it becomes evident that there are too many variables to be morse code… but I liiiike morse code!

Edit: Nvm, I just found it (did not even know that was a thing) and it is absolutely not a code of any kind, lol. Still pretty cool though!

3 Likes

Wow, you really weren’t kidding! I got all the way to round 95 with this combo! The only reason I died there was because right around round 60 the game started lagging and it just kept getting worse and worse until I was literally getting 1 frame per second, and the nanites’ targeting kinda broke a little bit and they wouldn’t target the mice dudes right under me, so I died, lol. But this is a really fun game! Good job, @Recryptech!

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll change it in a future update, I like the idea of it being written in some code or something : )

4 Likes

Nah I can grind, just wasn’t expecting that from Flowlab

This is phenomenal, Everything is very fluent and stunning. Amazing work.

2 Likes

i didn’t know mhx air made music :0
also, nice game. almost reminds me of C.A.T.S.

2 Likes

The “Secret” Money Room :wink:

4 Likes

bro that’s like the first thing i discoverd

3 Likes

Quick tip: Caltrop launcher + Thrusters = Yes

Another quick tip: dont suck

3 Likes

idk if it’s just me or not but the Chainsaw doesn’t hit enemies sometimes

I hope not lol. I haven’t experienced that, but if it’s been happening to you, I’d be interested to know how/what’s happening

3 Likes