⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

Hey everyone! Quick update so that you all know that the game is still being updated. I’ve been pretty busy with stuff outside of game dev, but I have been slowly making progress towards some features.

Currently I’m working on updating the interfaces and levels in the game. These will directly lead and allow for new and interesting content.
As for actual implementations, I’ve recently made some more responsive and less annoying UI changes and have also implemented new tile sets. Look forward to new stuff!

P.S.
Here’s some spoilers and images from development to help bide the time

14 Likes

I just found this game lol. Also this is great. I played for 5 hours the first time I tried it so that I got all of the upgrades, although I can’t seem to be able to click on the attack upgrade. Are you still working on that or something?

6 Likes

Hmm, that definitely sounds like a bug, I’ll look into it! I’ll try to update it, but soon most of the UIs will be revamped and changed anyway, so we’ll see which comes first lol

6 Likes

I actually found the bug already. Strangely it is because the button is in front of the challenge board object. It seems like the mouse clicks in the objects are interfering with one another. I’ll just move the challenge board until I can fix it or something

5 Likes

Hey everyone! This will be more of a side project for when I am too tired/busy to get much done.

I am currently working on the story of Shattering Steel. In order to ensure that I cover things that people want to know, I would like to ask what questions you all have about the Shattering Steel lore!

Now, I know there’s not a lot right now, however, questions that I feel won’t spoil too much of my plans for the story going forward I may try to answer or hint at (:

7 Likes

Who made the weapons? Probably can’t give away

5 Likes

Oh, that’s a good question! I do have to be a little strict regarding that though. Do you mean who designed the weapons or where are the weapons coming from?

4 Likes

this gannon?(or is it spelled cannon?)

7 Likes

it’s spelled canon, for future reference

6 Likes

Nah, that’s not canon lol. Though, I do find it pretty funny that it exists in the first place

6 Likes

Hey Recryptech! I like the new intro a lot! I also made some fanart :blush:
imageimage

8 Likes

It’s so adorable, great job! Thank you so much!

5 Likes

Who designed the weapons

3 Likes

I made some fanart too
pixil-frame-0 (23)

4 Likes

I must confess, this slightly terrifies me, but thank you nonetheless!

4 Likes

Ah, well, that was specifically the one I was being more cautious of lol. I’ll be vague about it, but as a result it may not make too much sense.

Generally, the weapons have a couple of origins, and two main ones really. These two sources can be combined to create weapons much stronger than either source could provide on their own. While pointing to one entity as responsible for the creation of these weapons is difficult in one of the sources, the other source quite clearly has some sort of vested interest in seeing that newer and more dangerous weapons are invented.

Of course, the one responsible for fitting and upgrading weapons is the blacksmith found outside the arena.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing this game ever since it’s come out.
I have over 150000 money thingys and all the upgrades and weapons.
This is my favorite flowlab game so far.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! The appreciation everyone has shown for the game is part of the reason I want to make it the best it can be! I hope to add more content soon so there is something you can do with all that money!

6 Likes

you can look at gamougg 4 for gamemode/content inspiration, it has a a lot of modes for a Flowlab game. I checked and it has over 31 levels

3 Likes

Thank you! I have quite a few plans already, I just need to find the time to do them…

7 Likes