SSBF RESET

How have you already used so many objects?
You could use an object that stays on every level, that sends a message to the background and tiles what animations to use, depending on the stage chosen. This is how I make different levels and different enemies, using the same objects as other levels, but with different looks, based on the area. Less work, less objects.

If I load overworld, the tiles are grass, the background is sky, and the enemies are overworld type. If I load cave, tiles are stone, background is cave, enemies are cave type. If I load volcano, similar happens. It’s so I don’t need to have tons of different objects, and all levels look the same, until a tileset number is sent to the GUI object, then messaged to objects for the animations to use.

ok, I’ll just use switches for the items, so that objects can be conserved :slight_smile:
maybe I should do that background thing too, then I’ll probably have enough objects for better final smashes :smiley:

Come to think of it, free users tend to use 1 level for different stages, using position or using user interface to show the victory sign. Wow, there’s a bunch I’m missing out! :smiley:
no wonder im always out of objects…

Ideas for items are always welcome!!

Place-a-platform. Allows the user to place a platform in front of them.

oh, yeah! Thanks, I’ll add that!

added that, the item supplies the player with 10 crates before wearing off.
CURRENT ITEM LIST
-Smash ball (not playable with yet)
-Bread (heals 20%)
-Speed boost (ups speed by 1)
-Superspicy curry (makes player shoot very damaging fireballs for a short time)
-Crate supply (gives player 10 crates- press , or t to use)

small updates again…
For items: invisibility for 10 seconds
For glitches: fixed a glitch where p2 emits some objects backwards.
For boss: master hand’s finger laser animation was improved, and the lasers travel around instead of rotating, so it’s much better in performance
test version of edge grab was deleted

@jngthree you think sam is buffed up enough?

Hes more badass then i could imagine

so sam’s final smash should be vampire fang? How much hp should he drain?

He isnt exactly a vampire. More of a half-blood… his final smash would probably be the fire vortex from vs 3

But if it were drain it would be about 50-75%

that’s 100-150% total O_o
usually final smashes vary from 40-60%, with medium to high launch power.

But it could be about 40% drain (equalling 80% total), but with little to no launch power.

Or still, it could be fire vortex.

here’s a cool new update:

First of all, the battlefield edges have been removed due to lack of objects…
Secondly, the smash ball now has a 20% chance of appearing every 30 seconds
Thirdly, ALL final smashes have been made!

For Red Swordfighter:
Ultra sword- summons a giant sword that slashes anything in its path. Kinda slow, but it’s really big and… almost always KO’s the opponent when hit. A very deadly final smash.

For Blue Swordfighter:
Dark Pacman- Produces a creature that’s similar to the chomping monster in Geometry Dash. It follows the opponent, shooting missiles. When it gets to the opponent it also does considerable damage. Kind of weak as a final smash alone, but good for distracting your opponents.

For Gunner:
Attrition- Steals 30 life from the opponent, and heals himself. Works anytime, anywhere. However, it does not launch opponents at all, or even makes him flinch. Good for healing and some easy damage, but isn’t as effective as many people think.

For Sam:
Fiery storm- similar to the one in vs3, but rotates a little bit slower. It shoots out fireballs two sides at once, all affected by gravity. Close to unavoidable, and unpredictable. @jngthree you’d probably like it, if you don’t, I’ll arrange it :smiley:

Fourth, the stage items/smash balls layout has been changed. (Items are not yet finished)
BATTLEFIELD: Smash ball, items
ICY CAVERNS: Smash ball only
OMINOUS SKIES: Items only
FINAL DESTINATION: No Smash balls or items

Now all there’s left to do is some items, then fixing the shield, and possibly launching logic and the game’s ready to start its beta phase!
P.S. if you want to test out the final smashes, just edit the smash ball and set the timer to act more frequently.

nice

New item: switchup- switches up your opponent’s controls for 20 seconds. Right to left, left to right!
But now I’m completely out of ideas. Pls give suggestions

edit: actually nah… I need a break from this game