Starblast 2- now with more rainbows!

I can take a look to see if there is something specific causing that

Please do so

I got 80k in pacifism normal mode. Is that good? :open_mouth:

EDIT: Oh oops wrong gamemode :stuck_out_tongue:

Not bad! See if you can beat 100k

Hey @jngthree I checked out the performance, and it looks like the biggest culprit by far is Proximity.

The Proximity trigger is pretty slow in general, and especially once there are a lot of objects on screen it gets even slower. I can probably make some optimizations to it to speed things up, but at the moment that seems to be the biggest framerate drain here.

@grazer sounds good

Any luck @grazer

The gear has been changed to the ā€œchaserā€ the fake ship now acts like a seeker but still shoots. And a new enemy: the weaver

The weaver behaves exactly like the chaser, however it has the biggest nuisance- dodging avoiding your lasers. (Yes I used the families update)

also, there is a new variant of the wave rider enemy, but it will be an exclusive enemy to a gamemode coming soon

Chaos mode is coming soon, nothing but weavers and weaver-gunners.

The wave rider gunner is a new enemy in arcade mode, it was going to be the chaos mode exclusive but it wasnā€™t all that good

@grazer I discovered and executed the reason of lag, the manual scrolling, however itā€™s only off for low quality

I added a power Up! It makes you fire dual lasers.

Coming soon: chaos mode!

Nothing but chasers, weavers, and chaser-gunners.

First, it starts out tough, 30 seconds in, it gets insane, after a minute: dying timeā€¦

However you get 4 power ups at your disposal

@grazer let the hair-tearing beginā€¦

@grazer this is how I used the new family update.

The every enemy has an E before their name so they are all grouped together, the enemy object catagagory then splits into 3+ subcategories: seeker, chaser, and wave rider, etc. Each subcategory contains the ā€œmain enemyā€ (the seeker subcategory has the seeker enemy) and some more powerful, complex enemies.

The chaser subcategory is one of the stronger ones, because the chaser enemy has speed, but isnā€™t as agile as the seeker, so dodging is crucial to fending them off. Because unplanned maneuvers are dangerous, this enemy can be a real headache to the player if they dodge and ram into an enemy as a result. The weaver and chaser-gunner the other enemies in the subcategory and can become a real pain when dealt with in hordes, especially in chaos mode.

EDIT: chaos mode has been released, so minor edits have been added to this post.

Coming soon: titan mode!!!

Each subcategory of enemies will now have a ā€œtitanā€ version of the main enemy, and spawn alongside the normal enemies. The titans will behave like normal, but is twice as large.

Also, I am having trouble with the titan wave rider @grazer it seems it (along with the wave rider gunner) need extra logic to work properly, unlike the parent (wave rider)

The game seemed to fix itself?! @grazer did you do that?

@grazer added some more features to the menu. When you open it, it displays a random tip. As of right now I could only think of 4. But there are definitely some things I could include, considering how massive the game is

@grazer any ideas?

@anyone any ideas?

ā€œMultipliers can greatly boost your score, but being too greedy can cost you your lifeā€

And what if there was a faint red light at the borders of the screen to show when the shipā€™s almost dead

@Luminous700

Iā€™m pretty sure the player could easily find that out the hard way.