Starblast 3- update log

When the bullet power up is collected- it sends an object to the gun object, which then fires out a higher teir of bullets

Anyway- The next Starblast may be 3D. Not sure

what a sequel ahah YOU GO BOIIIIIII

But that’s later, gotta focus on getting 3 up to par- and then some

Anyway, a new power up is coming

Made the counter play an animation when you get an extra life

I’m a little proud of it.

…what next?

Well what I was gonna do with Vortex back when it worked, was every 50 enemies you kill, the game spawns newer stronger enemies, until around 300 enemies, all the enemies would get sucked into a black hole, and become a boss battle. I never got to get that far, but maybe you could have a boss mode.

Oh, interesting.

I might do that.

Knowing me, I’m probably going to do some over-the-top effects. Like all the enemies freezing, move to the middle. Fade out. A powerup seemingly spawns, appears to glitch, and becomes a red pentagram, white lightning with rainbow particles strikes the middle about 2-3 times, then a boss appears, temporarily turning off the normal spawners.

This would mean a separate mode, because this would be a huge change of pace- which is not good most of the time.

Not all power ups can be good, right? (Hint hint)

Ok, so a powerup of sorts can sometimes do a horrible thing instead of helping you.

Be careful when you play now

@grazer, every now and then a boss enemy is supposed to spawn, but it’s only supposed to have one at a time. But every time it emits it emits two.

Right now I undid it for the sake of the game

And then my own stupidity hit me- I have two active spawners

wish there was a way to make it to where only one was capable of spawning it, without having to make a serpetate type.

Anyway- I noticed switches looking like they’re acting up, because while one switch may be turned off in one object, the other other one will still be on. And since inputs from all objects show in the logic builder, it really confused me

For now, I have a messaging system (as usual) for this to prevent two bosses spawning

A campaign mode would make this game awesome.

Keep up the great work! :smiley:

Make an object that only spawns bosses based on messages. That will fix your problem, right?

@“Mhx Ar”

That could work.

I don’t want bosses in every mode, so this would be cool

@Luminous700

A campaign, Eh?

If I did, it’d probably be just a series of levels with time limits and challenges and certain enemies in a certain level and other stuff

Idea: android instant app called “Starblast frenzy.”

It’s a little spin-off that basically is classic mode. But is designed for short sessions (high scores wouldn’t be recorded, as the app is automatically removed when finished)

Update: because of attached objects now able to receive messages, a D-Pad for shooting is now underway. For testing purposes (however this will stay that way), autofire is turned off, but can be toggled by the center of the dpad (just a lone circle right now)

Update: added a little bubble so you’ll know just how big the “zone” is in zones mode