Starblast: Neon Wars...reborn! Along with more SB3

The first SB sucked pretty bad, so I made a remake! I basically just revised some graphics, and brushed up on it, nothing too fancy. Play here.

As far as SB3 goes, its still my big project, and NWR is a side project. Even better, we finally have a new gamemode! 3 Minute Rush which is basically the return of Timed Mode from SB:NW®. In 3 Minute Rush, you get a 3 minute time limit, and infinite lives. Using said 3 minutes, you must score. Play Here.

Just a side note, the timer wont stop ticking when you pause the game (messages for GUI arent always working, @grazer?), and I do not believe the high scores function is working, because it wasnt with classic mode earlier, although that might be a label problem (dunno why it stopped working.)

@“Mhx Ar” did I ever show you SB3, I dont think I ever got around to showing you

It’s always nice to admit to yourself that a game sucks. That’s the reason that I’m doing such a different approach than I did with my first game Diamondsion Assault. I was very proud of my first game, but after a couple years I realized it was trash. The first step to improvement is admitting you have a problem, and if graphics or gameplay was your problem, then admitting that is allowing you to improve on it. If someone refuses to believe that their bad game is bad, it will always stay bad, so that being said, I look forward to seeing you improve on your games as your tastes change. I’m glad I waited 4 years for Shifter, because all my prototypes are now garbage to me. I didn’t have the skill nor knowledge of flowlab that I have now.

I believe I tested sb3 for yellow laser lag. It was a big improvement from sb1.

@“Mhx Ar” yellow laser lag? Like the explosion particles or the ship shots?

Another thing is probably because proximities are barely used in this game, which cuts down on the lag…

Idk there was a thing that made rainbow fireworks and lagged baaadddd. I don’t remember that well. It was on a different laptop so I’d have to retry it on my new one.

Thats explosion particles, and thats also because an enemy dun goofed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6JQaG4_jMs Me when almost beating a highscore, but missing by a point or two.

Changed my avatar to something spoopy

@grazer

Any possible improvements on 3MR?

@“Mhx Ar”

I know youre good with games, so how high of a score can you get

Made a progress bar, that sits below the multiplier bar. It shows how close you are to beating your high score.

For anyone wanting the expression for it, its (a/b)*10000
A being the current score, and B being the high score. Every time A changes, it re-evaluates. The output is then shown in a bar, with the max being 10000. (Its for the sake of exact percentage down to the nearest tenth)

@grazer, can you add the alpha property to bars?

A ship skin system is in the works

I’m not any better at this version :frowning:

Looks nice though :slight_smile:

Just made a patch (hehe… Halloween)

Ship skins are now available for use! Found in the main menu, hovering the mouse over Change ship will show the current ship. Pressing Up/Down while hovering will change the ship, and Clicking the button counts as Up.

If you try to go over the limit, youll be sent to the bottom/top of the list

I already hit 10 in the ship count

70369924-898E-4333-8F89-05ECA5ED2C2B
F8A64165-89A5-48C9-8C06-E2DBF1ED511B

Do these ships look familiar?

C84A74D4-2DEE-4BB9-AAD3-135FAAB64B04
85B9A7FB-BCE1-4D37-9F92-99CBC319A76A

Some of the other ships

They seem like and evolution/upgrade

Btw one ship haves shade and the other doesn’t (idk if its on porpouse)