Story Discussion or dialogue

so basically i’m talking about when someone is talking in a game it has the dialogue in the bottom part of the screen I want you to make a more clean dialogue version of the alert behavior.
@grazer
all the we can make this I was wanting something that makes it easy

1 Like

Grazer has told us that he has no expections of updating the alert and ui behaviours. He is planning on updating the label only. Use the label as your advanced ui.

2 Likes

Ik i was saying he could make a new behavior like alert how there is text inside the box with a button that says continue except i want a new behavior for player dialogue

He’s not going to add something that’s already easy to do.

2 Likes

and why would that be this is a easier and more clean way to make a dialogue at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Make a ui sprite and put text on it… it’s pretty simple.

3 Likes

I’m not saying i don’t know how to do that lol.

2 Likes

They’re asking for an easier alternative. I support this idea because making dialogue for The GAME 420 was pretty tricky at first.

3 Likes

thank you it would be good for new beginners as well

3 Likes

and besides doing it that way is time consuming

2 Likes

if you think about html code this would be like a css worksheet it does almost everything for us besides hooking up the behavior and alot of other things!

2 Likes

Why do you think games go from easy, medium, and finally hard?

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

@grazer what do you think about this or @hihilogic @JR01

1 Like

If you really think for some reason it’s hard to put a label on a sprite I’ll make an example when I get home today.

2 Likes

bro stop being difficult i don’t understand how you DONT see our point

2 Likes

Your asking for grazer to give a bunch of complex sprites out so we can easily make custom ui, so I’m going to make a smooth example later on that moves on screen, so people can stop arguing about alerts.

2 Likes

sprites?
where’d that come from?

1 Like

You need a sprite to make the box. It requires a lot of shading and such.

1 Like

I said behavior that is like a alert behavior except for ui conversation

1 Like