Sublime Slime!

@microgamer1 as long as you have an indie account you could ask your friends about them and then build a joint game!

Oh, and how do you make your own music? What app/website?!?!

@meburningslime I’ve had people complain about the jumping being a little buggy before so I’ll try to fix it. Also, thanks for reviewing my game! I appreciate you calling it one of the best Flowlab side-scrollers.

@meburningslime I use a website called Modbox Beta. I’ll put the link here, it’s an outstanding online tool still being added onto. It’s used for 8-bit style music and some. https://moddedbeepbox.github.io/beta/#6n41z0s0u1|2kbl00e03t7m0x0y0H0$0a7g0fj7i0r1o43210T0w1f1d1c0q0G0L4B0h0v0T0w1f1d1c0q0G0L4B0h0v0T0w1f1d1c0q0G0L4B0h0v0T0w1f1d1c0q0G0L4B0h0v0T2w1d1v0G0q0B0L4b4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h4gp170000000
It’s always a long URL because it saves the song USING the URL, so I would suggest using tinyurl.com to shorten the URLs of your saved pieces. Here’s a piece of mine I’ve made using it.
https://tinyurl.com/y8bmmhju
(PS, you may have to give it a chance to play/load through the song for it to sound smooth and not laggy)

My face when I see the link

IlffOzqMfxhoe8UbCzT7tghasDK4hlxNVwriNXnnZJ-3XNhXijKm1x2YC7Yu5bEHqMuPcEiZw0EPxbpqH_Yl1A

@“Biscuit Butter” you are very welcome! You deserve it.

I am requesting that this group will review my game “Ship Survival”, which is a combat-based survival (Go figure) game in which you need to kill 33 enemies to win. This discussion has grown so big already! I started it last week and it’s 3 pages long now! VOTE by just commenting down below (oh no now I sound like a youtuber) the score and mybe a few comments :). Thank you for letting me review your fantabulous games.
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1106648
(PS please review my game from 1 to 10: I will average the scores once all votes are in.)

@“Daniel Folston” @“Biscuit Butter” @microgamer1 @rcreger thanks!

@“my_name (<_>)” I have to be honest. That’s it. The first time I played your game, i’m like, wow, did he even try?

THEN i put in the html link, and i played it for about an hour after that! I love the idea! This game is great if you will fix da lag. Great game ideas! Very original, but you know i’m gonna habe to mark you down for the character sprite. Other than that, ingenious game!!! :wink:

Art&Sound- 5/10 Chirp Chirp…

Controls- 10/10 Wink Wink

Difficulty- 10/10 (Falls off his chair because I can’t stop laughing at my stupid messages)

TOTAL: 8/10!!!

Great game! I really loved this game!

Hey @meburningslime , I’ll put the review in my discussion, but you’ll have to put the link there (So that others don’t think that I’m just reviewing games without permission, just in case you were wondering). Thanks!

OOKY all done…

This is not a paradox, or is it?

@meburningslime I think the game has an interesting thing going for it. However, it needs some polishing. For instance, you may want to tell the player what the controls are. It took me a moment to find them. Also, the laser needs a bit of a fix. When it hits a wall, it kinda floats there for a bit, then disappears. This may be intentional, but it sure didn’t seem like it. Also, if you press yourself up against the wall and fire, your laser will start to clip through the wall, allowing you to kill enemies in rooms other than yours. You can fix both of these issues by setting the laser to destroy itself on contact with the wall.

Gameplay, when not considering the issues above, is somewhat slow. Your player feels unnaturally slippery AND static. You slide around when moving but come to a sudden stop when you release forward. Again, personal preference, but it feels a little unnatural. As for the enemies, they work pretty good, but it’s slightly annoying to get swarmed with no avoidance. The shoot enemy play style of the game is good, with the only issues being the laser issues above, but I already went over those. The game could use a second mechanic, however. For instance, if you continued this game, the exact same gameplay and mechanic with a different look would be very lackluster. Just something to keep in mind.

The music is good, I honestly love it, but it doesn’t quite fit the feel of the game. This isn’t a bit concern honestly, but it’s something to point out for future games. The music should feel as close to the gameplay or moment as possible IF possible.

The art is pretty good. It’s simple and tells you what it needs to. Both the player and the enemies seem quite bulky for the game though. Once again, no big deal, just kinda odd. The tile set looks fine, however.

Music: 6/10
Good, but not fitting

Art: 6/10
Fitting, but not outstanding

Gameplay: 5/10
The laser is a bit buggy, and lets it be easily exploited
The character feels slightly weird to move
You can be somewhat easily swarmed without notice

Concept: 8/10
It’s a shoot enemy style game, and that’s all it has to be, although it could use a second mechanic

TOTAL: 6/10

Overall, I’d say this game is a pretty good level idea. It could benefit with a little more mechanics and refined graphics, but it plays as it should for the most part, except for the laser, with a few bugs. You may want to set your player up BEFORE you plop them right into the level without instructions or warning. So far though, it’s not a bad game.

SHAMELESS GAME PLUG AT THE END: -0 BONUS POINTS
…really boi?

(PS, just wanna say for future reference, I love to give VERY THOROUGH REVIEWS, as I like to tell the creator EVERYTHING, without holding anything back. Remember this in case you ask me for another review ;). I love doing it)

??? Shameless game plug??? What does that supposed to mean???
Ps I forgot already forgot what I put for the ending…

Theres an easter egg in-game that kinda needs the jerky motions of the player, and the player can move backwards! Thanks for the review! :wink:

Hey @microgamer1 , why don’t you make yourself a review discussion? You seem to be good at it! You could call it, “Thorough Micro Reviews (TMR)”. Just a suggestion, since you have some in depth reviews. Good luck!

@rcreger I’ll definitely consider it! It’d be fun!

@meburningslime You linked a separate game at the end of the one I reviewed :wink:

Sorry! I cant seem to find that, though.

I believe it was called bounce. It’s honestly fine, I was just kinda yanking your chain with it being a shameless plug :slight_smile:

Oh yeah… that one…

Hey any more games or game reviews? I would like at least 2 more on here fer my game. :slight_smile: thanks!

Can you review this game? :v
(i heard you score on difficulty too, then you’ll love it later on!)
https://flowlab.io/game/view/1067502

I will score it on how accurate the difficulty is according to how you want it. Thanks!